Upgrade to Dual Monitor or Ultrawide?

Zyre

Greetings everyone,

Currently I use the ASUS MG279Q which so far has satisfied my needs. However I've been looking into going for a dual monitor setup, and until recently going the Ultrawide route.

The plan so far was to sell the MG279Q and get the ASUS PG279Q. The reason for selling my current MG279Q are the bezels on the PG279Q being thinner.

The ASUS PG279Q sells for an average of €720, which would be a total of about €1440. It will be cheaper as I will also sell the MG278Q. Let's say it around €1100.

Until recently I saw the Alienware AW3418DW, which sells for €999, which would problaby be €500 if I sell my current monitor. I really love the design, size and features.

The only downside is that I can't play a game and use another monitor for YouTube, Twitch, you name it.

I wanted to ask if someone should give his reasoning on which path I should go with.

In regards to the PC the monitor will run of: 

Intel Core i5 6600k OC @4,5Ghz 1.280v

ASUS GTX 1080Ti Strix OC

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X

Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2666mhz

why dual onitor for gaming?

1 monitor for gaming, 1 for actual shit

dont need 144hz for youtube

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

why dual onitor for gaming?

1 monitor for gaming, 1 for actual shit

dont need 144hz for youtube

I have been thinking about if my plan was even great. Seeing one of the monitor isn't being used for gaming.

The reason for two the same was because the panel, bezels would all be the same.