Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antoine Kamarovszki

Aim with controller... ?

7 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

How's it a dumb topic? I asked if anyone knew some tips or tricks on how to improve console aiming. How's this topic dumb? Tell me...

Cause there's no secret sauce other than the 'ole "git gud". You're shit with a controller because you haven't used one before, same as console bois swapping to PC often have trouble with the mouse and keyboard at first. You just have to slog through it and eventually acclimatize or go back to M/KB, those are pretty much your options. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm totally new to consoles. I got Battlefield 3 on PS3 and I can't aim at all. I mean I can somehow get used to the rest of the controls such as running/sprinting, knifing, throwing grenade etc, it just takes time. However, I don't really see how I'm gonna get used to aiming with thumb sticks. I find it utterly impossible, like, physically impossible. How do people make fine movements while they're tracking target? I tried adjusting sensitivity and low sensitivity appears to be much better BUT then the turning speed becomes very slow and if an opponent is out of my field of view and starts shooting at me there's no way I'll be able to react quickly....

I can't understand how people aim with controller. I can't. I really can't. How do they aim precisely AND at the same time have the ability to turn around quickly? Please help. Any tools or tricks?

aim assist, IIRC in BF3 if you quickly aim twice or something it automatically aims toward nearest enemy.

Practice makes perfect, being new to consoles means you need to build some experience.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

um, first you connect a keyboard and mouse

then you get a mousepad, and a desk

then a monitor

then hook that up to your console

ez dubz

PC (Main)

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400

Boot/OS SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TG (11/10) PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz Webcam: Logitech C920s

NAS:

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10 (used 7.3/12TB)

Phone/Tablet:

iPhone XR 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 ti + 20GB ram (16+4) + 1TB EX920 SSD

My old computers:

Athlon XP + 2GB DDR1 + R9600 Pro 256MB Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.4ghz + GTX 275 | i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz + GTX 

Playing FPS games and aiming with a controller.......

Rather stay in bed and never get up! 😂 

CPU:i7 9700k 4.9Ghz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3500Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, SSD mushkin chronos 120GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK600-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung P2470HD 3rd: Samsung SyncMaster 24", Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014 Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Nice, only dumb comments. I know PC players feel superior but come on. Must I add I've been a PC player my whole life? I just got bored and wanted to try something new. 

@Firewrath9 -.-

3 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Nice, only dumb comments. I know PC players feel superior but come on. Must I add I've been a PC player my whole life? I just got bored and wanted to try something new. 

@Firewrath9 -.-

what more to say?

practice or what? 

some special secret strategy to aim?

we using 3 fingers on the d-pad to get aim

PC (Main)

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400

Boot/OS SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TG (11/10) PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz Webcam: Logitech C920s

NAS:

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10 (used 7.3/12TB)

Phone/Tablet:

iPhone XR 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 ti + 20GB ram (16+4) + 1TB EX920 SSD

My old computers:

Athlon XP + 2GB DDR1 + R9600 Pro 256MB Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.4ghz + GTX 275 | i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz + GTX 

6 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Nice, only dumb comments

Only dumb topic, obviously you're only bad at this because you're new.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

2 hours ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

@Firewrath9 -.-

You kind of asked for it. My brother broke his controller and refuses to play games on his PC, which is what he has them on, because the keyboard has "too many buttons" and he "doesn't want to learn." Or just figure out how to use his PS3 controllers.

It's a dumb topic. What are you expecting people to say?

17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

You kind of asked for it. My brother broke his controller and refuses to play games on his PC, which is what he has them on, because the keyboard has "too many buttons" and he "doesn't want to learn." Or just figure out how to use his PS3 controllers.

It's a dumb topic. What are you expecting people to say?

How's it a dumb topic? I asked if anyone knew some tips or tricks on how to improve console aiming. How's this topic dumb? Tell me...

Posted · Best Answer
7 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Cause there's no secret sauce other than the 'ole "git gud". You're shit with a controller because you haven't used one before, same as console bois swapping to PC often have trouble with the mouse and keyboard at first. You just have to slog through it and eventually acclimatize or go back to M/KB, those are pretty much your options. 

X58 Madlads: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: General X99 Xeon/i7 Discussion 

Current Rig: 

Spoiler

i7 5820K on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
250GB 960 Evo, 1TB 970 Evo
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360 and 120mm GTS stealth rads, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s

Folding Rig:

Spoiler

X5670 on an Intel stock cooler
EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI
24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
EVGA 1660 Ti XC Ultra
EVGA 1050 Ti FTW
EVGA 1600W T2, a totally reasonable wattage for this
PSU mount and mobo tray screwed to plywood

Legacy shoutouts cuz muh nostalgia won't let me delete them:

Spoiler

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, LGA1366 Xeons, and X chipsets: @WhisperingKnickers.

On 5/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

How do they aim precisely AND at the same time have the ability to turn around quickly? Please help. Any tools or tricks?

Look for Hori Tactical Assault Commander or something like that.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Already been said, but practice makes perfect. Somehow, I figured out how to play as Sniper in TF2 with an Xbox controller... on PC.

It's not fun, but it's doable in that game. It's much easier to play with a controller in other games, though; Valve games are traditionally pretty bad with controllers.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 66% (content loudness 3.7dB)

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. PM me for any questions concerning VHS recording if interested.

@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^