GPU upgrade

JohannesB2B

I am thinking about upgrading my gtx1050ti and I am looking for recommendations. 1080p ,144hz, gaming.

I have a ryzen 1300x,  bf 350-f gaming and a 750watt PSU.

4 minutes ago, JohannesB2B said:

750watt PSU.

What is the brand. This is important as there are plenty of PSUs that claim to be 750W but are fakes and can only do 300W tops before failing.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

pubg, apex, bf5 and monster hunter. 1080p. Right now most of my settings are at low but i want to play at high or more

4 minutes ago, Madgemade said:

What is the brand. This is important as there are plenty of PSUs that claim to be 750W but are fakes and can only do 300W tops before failing.

Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU

1660Ti or RX570 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

1660Ti or RX570 

was thinking about a 2060?

Just now, JohannesB2B said:

If you want the ray tracing technology - then yes. Otherwise either of the two I suggested will do for 1080p

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

10 minutes ago, JohannesB2B said:

I am thinking about upgrading my gtx1050ti and I am looking for recommendations. 1080p ,144hz, gaming.

I have a ryzen 1300x,  bf 350-f gaming and a 750watt PSU.

I see that you care about high framerates not the quality and resolution, this means that you are a real gamer ? but you got to consider that higher framerates will be much more CPU intensive, so even if you lowered settings to get higher frame rates, you won't get it! without a capable CPU and you will experience an extremely variable framerates with micro stuttering which will be really bad for gaming experience, I think you definetly need a better CPU with your nect upgrade.

I recommend the GTX 1070 because I recently found decent deals on it.

you also need a better CPU

recently there were big deals on them.

any ryzen with 6 cores 4.2 GHz can boost your frames, but hold on higher frames will also require dual channel 2933 with low timing CL15, don't listen to those guys who say it won't make difference, no! it will as long as you are going for 144 frames

4 minutes ago, JohannesB2B said:

it is good choice but raytracing does not worth it and there are no good RTX 2060 deals out there so I think the 1070 will be better choice

4 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

I see that you care about high framerates not the quality and resolution, this means that you are a real gamer ? but you got to consider that higher framerates will be much more CPU intensive, so even if you lowered settings to get higher frame rates, you won't get it! without a capable CPU and you will experience an extremely variable framerates with micro stuttering which will be really bad for gaming experience, I think you definetly need a better CPU with your nect upgrade.

I recommend the GTX 1070 because I recently found decent deals on it.

you also need a better CPU

recently there were big deals on them.

any ryzen with 6 cores 4.2 GHz can boost your frames, but hold on higher frames will also require dual channel 2933 with low timing CL15, don't listen to those guys who say it won't make difference, no! it will as long as you are going for 144 frames

Then maybe i should upgrade my CPU first and wait for better deals on the rtx cards?

1 hour ago, JohannesB2B said:

Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU

That's a Good PSU. No need to upgrade that at all. 1660 Ti is not much slower than 2060. I would avoid 10 series now unless they are much cheaper. With nvidia after a few years the performance of the 1070 will be the same or worse than the 1660Ti. 10 series is quite old really released 2016.

1 hour ago, JohannesB2B said:

Then maybe i should upgrade my CPU first

Do not upgrade now. The next generation of CPU for your motherboard (Zen 2) is going to be released before August this year. The new Ryzen 3000 series will be at least 20% faster and upgrading will be cheaper as the 1000 and 200 series ryzen will get a price drop. Also you should be able to overclock to 3.8-4Ghz with your current CPU.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R