My games are lagging ??

eliaslp

Hey guys i need some help. i got an 1070 TI Asus gpu and iv got an i5-4440 cpu and 8 gb. Many of the games i'mtrying to play are lagging. Far cry has 50-60 fps and iv got an 1070 TI my fps on far cry 5 should at least be over 60+fps. i got no idea whats happening but it would mean a lot to me if someone could hlep me out :)

What is your CPU and GPU usage while playing those games?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

12 minutes ago, eliaslp said:

Hey guys i need some help. i got an 1070 TI Asus gpu and iv got an i5-4440 cpu and 8 gb. Many of the games i'mtrying to play are lagging. Far cry has 50-60 fps and iv got an 1070 TI my fps on far cry 5 should at least be over 60+fps. i got no idea whats happening but it would mean a lot to me if someone could hlep me out :)

probably cpu bottleneck but like xacid says you need to see usage of CPU and GPU in game. you can do that with this tutorial

basically if you see your cpu at 90-100% most of the time and the gpu at a low usage then it's a cpu bottleneck. if you see ram usage at over 7gb then it's also a ram bottleneck

While im playing far cry 5 my cpu is 80-90% anmd my gpu 1%

4 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

probably cpu bottleneck but like xacid says you need to see usage of CPU and GPU in game. you can do that with this tutorial

basically if you see your cpu at 90-100% most of the time and the gpu at a low usage then it's a cpu bottleneck. if you see ram usage at over 7gb then it's also a ram bottleneck

I mean i think this can be the problem my cpu while im playing is 90%

10 minutes ago, eliaslp said:

While im playing far cry 5 my cpu is 80-90% anmd my gpu 1%

You sure you plugged your hdmi cable in the GPU and not the motherboard?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

You sure you plugged your hdmi cable in the GPU and not the motherboard?

im not using an hdmi im using a dvi and its plugged into the gpu :)

12 minutes ago, eliaslp said:

im not using an hdmi im using a dvi and its plugged into the gpu :)

Try disabling the iGPU in the bios and then try again. Seems that your GPU is not being used 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD