Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caolan.Kelly

Looking for a laptop for uni

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So recently my girlfriends 10 year old laptop died. So we are looking for a replacement, any help is much appreciated 

We live in Ireland so we are trying to use websites like currys, Harvey norman, Amazon and frankly and EU website that ships. 

The price range is maxed at like 500 maybe 600 at a big push. 

It needs to last the next 4 years of uni, and will be used for mostly uni, watching videos, very light gaming and general women stuff. 

I know the budget is tight so thank you for any help 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-15-cp0013nr

HP-Envyx360 ($560)

15 inches, 2n1, Ryzen 5 with Vega 8 Mobile(so light gaming is possible) 8gb Memory, and 120SSD, The perfect mid-range laptop for Uni, or

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAJZD95R5623

HP Laptop ($510) * ($465 W/O 1TB Drive)

See above, but no 2n1/touchscreen, but much cheaper and has an additional 1TB HDD.


Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Patriot Viper Elite 2x4GB @ 2667MHZ - AMD RX 580 8GB - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD HDD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA BR 450W - Razer Deathaddder Elite

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, OmicronEta said:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-15-cp0013nr

HP-Envyx360 ($560)

15 inches, 2n1, Ryzen 5 with Vega 8 Mobile(so light gaming is possible) 8gb Memory, and 120SSD, The perfect mid-range laptop for Uni, or

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAJZD95R5623

HP Laptop ($510) * ($465 W/O 1TB Drive)

See above, but no 2n1/touchscreen, but much cheaper and has an additional 1TB HDD.

Thanks for the reply but I can't see the first one for less than 700 and the second ones link isn't showing up 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kindly provide some links of online stores

 

Your budget is quite tight TBH. Any preference on weight, battery life and display size?

1 hour ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

It needs to last the next 4 years of uni

In terms of performance or reliability?


Feel free to ask for recommendations if you're looking for a new lappy!

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) PM981 256GB+ST1000LM035 1TB

Laptop reviews: Check them out here

 

Who is Clevo, Tongfang, Quanta?

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Kindly provide some links of online stores

 

Your budget is quite tight TBH. Any preference on weight, battery life and display size?

In terms of performance or reliability?

Any of the sites I provided have Irish counterparts so it's fine to use them and newegg also. In terms of weight hopefully light enough to be able to carry for a day, battery life to last a college day and small to medium displays. More so reliability. I mean if it performs well now it should continually be good enough for what's needed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

In terms of weight hopefully light enough to be able to carry for a day, battery life to last a college day and small to medium displays

Give a range - Max weight and min battery life?

8 hours ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

More so reliability

If you want best reliability, premium business laptops / mobile workstations are the only options, however they are way above your budget


Feel free to ask for recommendations if you're looking for a new lappy!

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) PM981 256GB+ST1000LM035 1TB

Laptop reviews: Check them out here

 

Who is Clevo, Tongfang, Quanta?

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×