Powerfan

Go to solution Solved by TiCeVi,

now i ordet a 3pin y-cable to solve my problem and also the cabelrouting 

I bougth me a new casefan but as i wanted to install him i saw i have only the pwrfan and 4 pin header free.

Can i just plug them in or is there any problem??

i have the asroch faal1ty killer z87 and a corsair af 120.

Thanks for help

First of all, WAT.

If I understand though, just plug the new fan into an unused 4 pin header. If I remember correctly, pwrfan may only read RPM, not provide power (dont quote me on that).

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

but if i put the fan in the 4 pin header its runnig all the time at 100% and thats defenetly to much

(sry english isn´t my main language)

6vzzm.PNG

This is my mainboardlayout and the marked headers are in use. i cant find any sysfan headers

Yes, you can just plug them in.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But also in the pwrfan it feels like the fan is only spinning at 100% or did i have to make changes in the BIOS or something else

now i ordet a 3pin y-cable to solve my problem and also the cabelrouting