Looking for best headphones under 200.

3 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

Thank you for the input! I will probably take your advice and get them. You've been a great help over the past couple of months.

I have to remind you though the atom . the liquid spark , and the magni are all just amps. and the order i listed them are best to worst ranked by the general audio community. in terms of how clean they sound but many like myself love the liquid spark over the atom I have my reasons for picking it instead such as build quality and overall sound

if your curious their are numerous comparison videos online by the likes of z reviews, joshua valour, and DMS on which one they prefer or what like better

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I have to remind you though the atom . the liquid spark , and the magni are all just amps. and the order i listed them are best to worst ranked by the general audio community. in terms of how clean they sound but many like myself love the liquid spark over the atom I have my reasons for picking it instead such as build quality and overall sound

Yeah I forgot that my on-board audio is pretty noisy. Do you have any good amp+dac units at this price point? 

6 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

Yeah I forgot that my on-board audio is pretty noisy. Do you have any good amp+dac units at this price point? 

with the 58x the fiio k3 is the best dac amp around this price point. not the most powerful dac amp but definitely sounds the best . even has a rather nice bass boost and has the ability to ouput in balanced which is rather rare int this price point

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

with the 58x the fiio k3 is the best dac amp around this price point. not the most powerful dac amp but definitely sounds the best . even has a rather nice bass boost and has the ability to ouput in balanced which is rather rare int this price point

I saw that it uses USB type-c. Would it work with an android phone? Also how loud does it get with the k3? 

1 minute ago, TheNFactor said:

I saw that it uses USB type-c. Would it work with an android phone? 

that I dont know as some phones can be picky about audio devices

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Yeah honestly I think mine is one. I have 2 USB c to 1/4 inch jack adapters and only one works on my essential ph-1 while they both worked on my Moto z. And like I had asked before will the 58x's get loud enough with the k3? 

15 hours ago, rice guru said:

Also, what does it mean to run the headphones in balanced?

Just now, rice guru said:

this guy explains it better than i can

thanks! I asked another question above that I think you missed.

15 hours ago, TheNFactor said:

Yeah honestly I think mine is one. I have 2 USB c to 1/4 inch jack adapters and only one works on my essential ph-1 while they both worked on my Moto z. And like I had asked before will the 58x's get loud enough with the k3? 

yes thay are loud enough yeah sorry I missed it. the 58x are very efficient

cool! thanks!

On 6/6/2019 at 1:31 PM, rice guru said:

Just wondering, It says in your mini-bio that you use the DT 990 Pros for gaming, what makes them so special?

1 hour ago, TheNFactor said:

Just wondering, It says in your mini-bio that you use the DT 990 Pros for gaming, what makes them so special?

Wider sound stage than my HD 58x and slightly better imaging and the more elevated highs make footsteps easier to hear

But you will need a dac amp to drive them

yes, i knew that. fiio K3 fine?

13 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

yes, i knew that. fiio K3 fine?

No you would need something more powerful . For a round that price range the fx audio dac x6 should be fine more doesn't sound as good as the k3 but will power it fine

The dac x6 doesn't sound d as good but is more powerful

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

The dac x6 doesn't sound d as good but is more powerful

The dac x6 is $60, is there anything around $125 that would be better and upgrade proof?

also are you mistaking k3 for e10k because k3 is $100 unlike the e10k which is close to the dac x6

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Maybe a topping mx3? Or a used Aune x1s 

the topping mx3 looks great! thanks!

On 6/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, rice guru said:

Maybe a topping mx3? Or a used Aune x1s 

I was wondering the difference between the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 ohm and 250 ohms because mass-drop has a drop for the 80 ohms in black and I might pick them up along with the 58x's if they are good.

1 hour ago, TheNFactor said:

I was wondering the difference between the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 80 ohm and 250 ohms because mass-drop has a drop for the 80 ohms in black and I might pick them up along with the 58x's if they are good.

they should sound almost the same and the 250 ohm has slightly better clarity and slightly tighter bass but its almost splitting hairs at that poing but the 250 ohm version is cheaper on amazon typically than the massdrop price

15 minutes ago, rice guru said:

they should sound almost the same and the 250 ohm has slightly better clarity and slightly tighter bass but its almost splitting hairs at that poing but the 250 ohm version is cheaper on amazon typically than the massdrop price

Yeah I just thought the black looks cool and is worth paying more for.