Looking for best headphones under 200.

3 hours ago, TheNFactor said:

So I've been thinking about getting an amp and dac instead of a sound card. Would the sound blaster e1 be a good entry level one. I was also thinking about getting the fiio ubtr for Bluetooth. Thoughts/suggestions? 

For what headphones?

6 hours ago, TheNFactor said:

So I've been thinking about getting an amp and dac instead of a sound card. Would the sound blaster e1 be a good entry level one. I was also thinking about getting the fiio ubtr for Bluetooth. Thoughts/suggestions? 

Neither of those are very powerful. I use the ubtr just good enough to power my IEMs buts not any of my headphones. And the e1 isn't very good. I would just say combine your budgets for both and grab at least a fx audio DAC x6

On 5/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, rice guru said:

Neither of those are very powerful. I use the ubtr just good enough to power my IEMs buts not any of my headphones. And the e1 isn't very good. I would just say combine your budgets for both and grab at least a fx audio DAC x6

No I would plug the ubtr into the e1 so I could take it on the go. I'll look into the fx audio dac x6. 

1 hour ago, TheNFactor said:

No I would plug the ubtr into the e1 so I could take it on the go. I'll look into the fx audio dac x6. 

check out the fiio btr1k or btr3 they can act as a usb dac basically takes what the e1 and ubtr together does into one unit

You can get very good deals on DT880 on amazon. typically they are below $200.

For amp/dac I'd recommend shelling another $100 and get the schiit fulla 2. 

On 5/2/2019 at 6:21 AM, TVwazhere said:

I'd like to throw in the Sennheiser HD6xx and AKG K7XX headphones as well. I haven't owned the K7XX but my HD6XX's are amazing. 

I can attest to this.  I use my 650 on my DAW and I record and mix and master with the HP's.  They give a flat response just like my studio monitors.  Its excellent for producers and costs 300 dollars actually.  Used to be 500 dollars came out in 2010 and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

21 hours ago, rice guru said:

check out the fiio btr1k or btr3 they can act as a usb dac basically takes what the e1 and ubtr together does into one unit

And could they power the DT 990 pros? That would be a deal maker. 

11 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

probably not but the fiio ubtr ant the soundblaster e1 cant

30 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

my ffio e10k just got it loud .  not extremely loud but like loud enough for it to not kill your ears but any higher it might kill your ears. and those are more powerful than what you wanted

like i said grab a fx audio dac x6 if you wanna run 250 ohm 990's but you dont wanna be taking that thing outside. if you want a good mobile and indoor pair grab a closed back like the 770 80 ohm

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

the Soundblaster e1 cant

I thought it could, in the reviews it mentions somebody using the 250 ohm dt990 pros.

48 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

I thought it could, in the reviews it mentions somebody using the 250 ohm dt990 pros.

Just cause they are using them and it works does t mean all the frequencies are properly powered and getting the most out of the headphone

Just now, rice guru said:

Just cause they are using them and it works does t mean all the frequencies are properly powered and getting the most out of the headphone

ah got it ty

14 hours ago, rice guru said:

Does the e10k offer any benefit over a sound card like the sound blaster audigy fx? 

3 hours ago, TheNFactor said:

Does the e10k offer any benefit over a sound card like the sound blaster audigy fx? 

The fact that it's external less chance for noise. I wouldn't recommend the e10k I would suggest just getting the fx audio DAC x6 more powerful and cheaper. Sounds a little better too

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 2:21 PM, rice guru said:

The fact that it's external less chance for noise. I wouldn't recommend the e10k I would suggest just getting the fx audio DAC x6 more powerful and cheaper. Sounds a little better too

So, I decided to extend my budget and get the Sennheiser HD6xx. I'm also going to extend my amp/DAC budget to around $100. Do you have any recommendation that is better than the fx audio DAC x6?

For that headphone? Possible the fiio k3 better back and better sounding amp but not loud enough unless maybe run in balanced. I would say grab a HD 58x instead or  grab a $100 amp like a atom

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

For that headphone? Possible the fiio k3 better back and better sounding amp but not loud enough unless maybe run in balanced. I would say grab a HD 58x instead or  grab a $100 amp like a atom

What is there to like in the 58x's over the 6xx's and vice versa? Also, would the Schiit Magni 3 be a good enough amp+dac for the 6xx's and 58x's? If not, what would?

4 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

What is there to like in the 58x's over the 6xx's and vice versa? Also, would the Schiit Magni 3 be a good enough amp+dac for the 6xx's and 58x's?

the magni is only a amp not a  amp dac the 58x haws a wider soundstage and superior imaging with better low end the 6xx has a more focus on mids and highs they are more analytical and harder to drive. the magni isnt very good compared to the monoprice liquid spark and the jds labs atom they are also the same price but better

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

the magni is only a amp not a  amp dac the 58x haws a wider soundstage and superior imaging with better low end the 6xx has a more focus on mids and highs they are more analytical and harder to drive. the magni isnt very good compared to the monoprice liquid spark and the jds labs atom they are also the same price but better

If you were to recommend one for mixed usage(gaming, critical listening) which one would you recommend. Also can the Monoprice liquid spark power both?

2 minutes ago, TheNFactor said:

If you were to recommend one for mixed usage(gaming, critical listening) which one would you recommend. Also can the Monoprice liquid spark power both?

both the 6xx or the 58x? I would reccoemnd the 58x over the 6xx

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

both the 6xx or the 58x?

Yes. The gaming is slightly less of a priority.

Yes. The gaming is slightly less of a priority.

I would pick the 58x cheaper and personally a more enjoyable sound and the liquid spark is suitable for powering either headphone

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I would pick the 58x cheaper and personally a more enjoyable sound and the liquid spark is suitable for powering either headphone

Thank you for the input! I will probably take your advice and get them. You've been a great help over the past couple of months.

Thank you for the input! I will probably take your advice and get them. You've been a great help over the past couple of months.

no problem man I know the struggels of getting into a hobby expecially one  as subjective as audio.