Shooting game myth- Low resolution has better accuracy?

dgsddfgdfhgs

Not talking about fps here~

Lower resolution implies larger objects , this may help a little.

But if the pixel you are pointing at equals 16x than that of a ordinary gamer's monitor, does it mean you can hit target more easily/ harder?

Bigger pixels can't make an actual hitbox larger, the game data is still the same, it's just being conveyed to you differently.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Bigger pixels can't make an actual hitbox larger, the game data is still the same, it's just being conveyed to you differently.

if thats the case, I could assume one might never hit real target on a larger pixel (assume program hits 100% on same spot)

6 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

if thats the case, I could assume one might never hit real target on a larger pixel (assume program hits 100% on same spot)

If they were aiming for the fringe of the target, it would miss. Although, a fuzzier outline of a lower res image shouldn't affect aim much if at all.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

In some cases yes.

But it's a side effect ... if your resolution is lower, then the video card has to process fewer pixels so you get higher fps.

Some game engines have some things programmed based on framerate ... for example a multiplayer game may send and receive position information up to 100 times a second, once for each frame if the framerate is up to 100 (if you go over, maybe it's capped at 100 to be fair with other players and to keep traffic with server use less bandwidth)

So if one game player is locked at 60 fps and reports its position to server or receives updates 60 times a second and another player receives updates 100 times a second, the player with 100 updates may benefit.

26 minutes ago, mariushm said:

In some cases yes.

But it's a side effect ... if your resolution is lower, then the video card has to process fewer pixels so you get higher fps.

Some game engines have some things programmed based on framerate ... for example a multiplayer game may send and receive position information up to 100 times a second, once for each frame if the framerate is up to 100 (if you go over, maybe it's capped at 100 to be fair with other players and to keep traffic with server use less bandwidth)

So if one game player is locked at 60 fps and reports its position to server or receives updates 60 times a second and another player receives updates 100 times a second, the player with 100 updates may benefit.

I don't know any games where the update rate from the server itself is based on your framerate....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

If the game has to stretch, then it’s easier. Like in csgo some players play stretched 4:3.

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Not true. The main reason people prefer 240hz 1080p is FPS and Response time, not better pixel resoultion hit boxes. 

This. The image is sharper during fast motion, meaning you'll easier see the target and properly aim at it.

Also, pixels do not correspond to actual hit detection, there is a simplified mesh over the player models that is used for hits calculation (imagine an invisible player model, an invisible polygonal mesh just super simplified in complexity on top of the model you see). Meaning pixels mean nothing, because underneath, game still sees that, even if you only see 200 pixels being rendered for the model in the end.

Pixel precise hitboxes would only be possible with ray tracing approach where resolution would matter as the game would trace projectile through ray trace and decide whether it hits the model or not, but I don't think it's a good way of doing it and way too taxing.

10 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Lower resolution implies larger objects , this may help a little.

But with that you also lose:

• The ability to easily identify your target. How do you know that 10 pixel blob isn't your friend?
  • The ability to see something at a distance