I need a Dead Quiet Mouse/Keyboard Pair

Gileotine

I live with a roommate and even though he's a heavy sleeper, I want to make sure I'm not causing issues. For this purpose I would love some recommendations for the quietest mouse/keyboard around. 

By these rules:
They've both gotta be under 100 dollars

The mouse needs to be at least somewhat decent for gaming and have good software so I can adjust the extra buttons (if there is any)

For the keyboard itself I am favoring silence over everything. I'm a writer so I am typing heavily at night, and my old membrane keyboard is fine... but not good enough. I don't care about how many macro keys or RGB or wired or wireless or whatever. As long as the keyboard is near silent with abusive typing I'll bite.

I've tried the M330 Logitech Quiet Plus https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Silent-Wireless-Large-Mouse/dp/B01JPOLKDW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=logitech+quiet+mouse&qid=1556695722&s=electronics&sr=1-1
and it's... good. But I think I got a defective model, since the middle-mouse lets out an extremely audible 'click' when nudged from the side. I'm told this is the quietest mouse you're going to get on the market, and if that's so then I guess I'll stick with it.

In either case thanks for the help everyone.

If you're willing to spend a very big sum of money, I would recommend you try the Topre Realforce Silenced, or the HHKB Type-s. They're some of the quietest keyboards out there, and they use topre domes which are basically the best rubber dome boards you can have. 

2 minutes ago, b emoji said:

If you're willing to spend a very big sum of money, I would recommend you try the Topre Realforce Silenced, or the HHKB Type-s. They're some of the quietest keyboards out there, and they use topre domes which are basically the best rubber dome boards you can have. 

Oh jesus that thing is like 200 bucks maybe when I have the money but if we can find something a little more affordable, maaaybe?

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

these are all good options, but is there any way to counter the 'bottom out' sound when keys hit the end of the case? Or is that more for having a heavier (Brown/black switches) switch

1 hour ago, Gileotine said:

these are all good options, but is there any way to counter the 'bottom out' sound when keys hit the end of the case? Or is that more for having a heavier (Brown/black switches) switch

1 - Browns aren't really heavy. 

2- You can use things like qmk/silencio dampening clips, soft landing pads, or orings to dampen the bottom out sound, but they will affect keyfeel quite a bit. 

Get a chiclet keyboard.  The Microsoft Surface keyboard is supposedly quite good but most of them will do you.

3 hours ago, Gileotine said:

abusive typing

Just picked up on this.  If you're hammering on the keys and you want silence you're going to have to change this habit.

10 hours ago, Qyndryx said:

Just picked up on this.  If you're hammering on the keys and you want silence you're going to have to change this habit.

:(( I'm trying

I'd suggest the Matias Quet Pro but it's like $150. Can't get more quiet than that. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure the keyboard you get has very good stabilizers, one with bad stabilizers will be very loud and defeat the whole purpose of a silent keyboard