Cheapest cpu/gpu for 1080p 60fps max settings?

sahildale
9 minutes ago, sahildale said:

What's wrong with seasonic psu i heard they are fine 

3 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Yeah, the prime units are great and to some extent the older focus and x series units are decent. But the M12II is very old. Don't judge by brand. Judge by the specific series and the reviews. An M12II should only be used nowadays for stuff like a 1650 or 1050ti with a ryzen 3 or intel i3 non-k, not for a 2060 and 2700x...

Indeed. Most brands have GREAT units and TRASH units. 

Refer to the tier list if you have questions!

I can't really speak to the market our there, but with that hardware on the line, I'd go for tier A+

In both U.S. and Europe, BitFenix Gold is a very well priced option, and Corsair RMx is usually well priced too. On the seasonic end, you could get away with maybe a Focus Gold or Focus Plus Gold.

23 minutes ago, sahildale said:

If ryzen 7 2700 is overkill I could then get ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 2070 so that in future i just have to upgrade my 1080p monitor to 1440 or 4k

Let me take a stab and see what that might look like. I don't know the market out there, so I don't wanna give bad advice. 

11 hours ago, sahildale said:

A question on your peripherals here: Are the headset, mouse and keyboard some that have come recommended, or you'd just like something affordable that will game?

I'll leave a monitor off of my build, since in a lot of used markets, you can find a 1080p 60hz monitor very cheap ($30ish in the U.S.) They come with most office computers.

You could do something like this at the very top of your budget. That said the 2070 is overkill, but will perform nicely as new titles come out, and leaves room for a 1440p monitor in the future if you wanna go that route. 

So really this parts list is in counter to the one you had posted earlier, rather than the point of the post in being cheapest way to game 1080p ultra. This is a sweet build, though.

I'm not a peripherals snob, so that S101 keyboard and mouse are more than sufficient for me, and plenty cheap. I have had zero issues with their performance.

I did throw a new monitor on there, but like I said, I'd just look around at the local used market. 1080p 60hz is not asking a lot.

Cost effectiveness in mind, you could always go for a 1660Ti or 590 as well. That would cost much less, and still game well.

9 hours ago, sahildale said:

What about this laptop of same price

Should i buy this instead

HP OMEN 15t Gaming and Business Laptop (Intel Core i7-8750H, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160), NVIDIA RTX 2070, Wifi, Bluetooth, Webcam, 3xUSB 3.1, 1xHDMI, 1xThunderbolt, Win 10 Home)

No

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Yeah, the prime units are great and to some extent the older focus and x series units are decent. But the M12II is very old. Don't judge by brand. Judge by the specific series and the reviews. An M12II should only be used nowadays for stuff like a 1650 or 1050ti with a ryzen 3 or intel i3 non-k, not for a 2060 and 2700x...

Which is the most energy efficient psu

Platinum titanium or gold 

52 minutes ago, sahildale said:

Which is the most energy efficient psu

Platinum titanium or gold 

titanium. Though the best value (price-to-efficiency) is still gold. Platina& Titan units tend to be way dearer than Gold ones, but the efficiency ratings are pretty similar

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

22 hours ago, bmichaels556 said:

I think a 480/580 will probably do it, or get very damn close, as long as you have a decent CPU to pair it with. I think any of the Ryzen 5's and i5's should do it justice.

RX 580 ain't gonna cut it chief. At 1080p ultra RX 580 gets 45 FPS in Metro Exodus and 35 in AC Odyssey. It's already too slow for 1080p ultra 60fps in the latest games. That's just right now; it's only getting worse from here. If he wants a 1080p ultra settings 60fps card for now and a couple/few years *while dropping some games down to high* then I'd definitely go with a 2060 or Vega 56/64. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

29 minutes ago, Zeitec said:

RX 580 ain't gonna cut it chief. At 1080p ultra RX 580 gets 45 FPS in Metro Exodus and 35 in AC Odyssey. It's already too slow for 1080p ultra 60fps in the latest games. That's just right now; it's only getting worse from here. If he wants a 1080p ultra settings 60fps card for now and a couple/few years *while dropping some games down to high* then I'd definitely go with a 2060 or Vega 56/64. 

Dude, no way... Is it really getting THAT bad? Hell, the Vega 64 seemed like a half-decent 4K card when it came out. Are you really saying it will hardly be able to keep up before long?

Gave devs are really getting ballsy... I remember when I had gotten an R9 270 (non-x) years ago, and despite being the lowest-end of the major lineup, it actually did like 40-60 FPS on high-ultra in many games. That's nuts, man. 

Seems like maybe the issue is that the companies have been sitting on their asses with their GPU's, and the game devs have just kept moving forward, without taking that into major consideration..?

It's so nice for all of u to answer, thank you very much 

Do i have to give best answer here or how do i close this post 

Ryzen 1600 (nice sales recently) or 2600 paired with a 1660ti is nice.  I have the latter, and while it easily bypasses the 60 fps most of the time, it hovers around 60 on more rigorous AAA titles (but stays very close to 60!).  

But if you want to truly save as much as possible, a 1600(x) paired with a 1660.  The upgrade to a 2600 and 1660ti is not far from there (a hundred more total probably?) and you will be super safe there, but the former pairing should get you 60 fps in all but the toughest AAA's.

GL HF!

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

Just now, Zberg said:

Ryzen 1600 (nice sales recently) or 2600 paired with a 1660ti is nice.  I have the latter, and while it easily bypasses the 60 fps most of the time, it hovers around 60 on more rigorous AAA titles (but stays very close to 60!).  

But if you want to truly save as much as possible, a 1600(x) paired with a 1660.  The upgrade to a 2600 and 1660ti is not far from there (a hundred more total probably?) and you will be super safe there, but the former pairing should get you 60 fps in all but the toughest AAA's.

GL HF!

As an aside, the included wraith cooler is more than enough to deal with that cpu under non-overclocked scenarios, which saves you a little on a cooler too!

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

6 hours ago, bmichaels556 said:

Dude, no way... Is it really getting THAT bad? Hell, the Vega 64 seemed like a half-decent 4K card when it came out. Are you really saying it will hardly be able to keep up before long?

Gave devs are really getting ballsy... I remember when I had gotten an R9 270 (non-x) years ago, and despite being the lowest-end of the major lineup, it actually did like 40-60 FPS on high-ultra in many games. That's nuts, man. 

Seems like maybe the issue is that the companies have been sitting on their asses with their GPU's, and the game devs have just kept moving forward, without taking that into major consideration..?

Things are always moving that way. Vega 64 is still great for 1440p (even Ultra). It's going to be a few years yet before it's bumped down to 1080p gaming.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:38 AM, bmichaels556 said:

I mean RX 580 is basically a rebranded RX 480 which is a 3 year old midrange card. It's not that crazy that it needs to turn settings down to high. RX 580 is in the same position as your R9 270 (ok maybe that's more equivalent to RX 570) and at the time RX 580 and 570 came out, yes, they could get 40-60fps in high-ultra in many games. Hell even today they can get 40-60fps in high-ultra in many games. Just not ALL games. Also if you turn settings down to high instead of ultra I'm pretty sure RX 580 can do 60fps in all games. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo