Please help me!

Hello!

About a year ago I bought and assembled my own pc. I am confused and for the past couple months have been having a lot of trouble running games let alone simple things like chrome. Please help me.. these are my parts listed down below.

Asus A68Hm plus

Athlon x4 880k

Ripjaws 2x4gb of ram

Corsair 450 watt

Evga gtx 1050ti 

Hitachi Deskstar 2tb 

When I was purchasing the parts, I was using pcpartspicker to make sure they were compatible, because I had sense enough to know what was going on and how to build it but not much more than that. My whole build was budget and I probably made a lot of bad decisions on what parts I bought but that’s in the past. As I said before, I have been having a lot of trouble running any type of games and for the past 2 months, I’ve completely stopped using my pc because sometimes I had trouble running chrome. I want to upgrade my cpu for starters, to something like an i5 or i7(again I don’t know which gen of either of them are the best) but it wouldn’t be compatible with my motherboard so I’d have to but a new one and new ram since it’s on ddr3(I know I bought bad parts). So now I am willing to buy new parts but I really have no idea what I’m doing anymore. I tried overclocking my gpu and kind of failed and I messed around with my bios settings so I don’t know where I messed my pc up please just help me, any tips or advice helps a ton thanks! 

First off what kind of problem you have with your pc rn? 

Use quote so I will be notified 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

For starters.

Reboot your PC, go into BIOS and reset everything to default. Hint; When you're in BIOS, hit F5 makes it go back to default. Save changes and exit BIOS.

When it boots up, open up the software, which you used to overclock your GPU, and put everything back to default.

See if that helped with your game/chrome issue.

Regards to buying new PC parts, i am sure there a loads of guys in here that has some good tips for you :)

20 hours ago, Hiya! said:

First off what kind of problem you have with your pc rn? 

Use quote so I will be notified 

It’s just overall very slow and it’s not like it’s just a very bad pc cause for instance I used to run Rust at 60-80 FPS on medium settings and now it takes me litteraly 20 minutes to load into a server(I know a ssd card would help a lot) and when I get in I average around 20-30 fps on low settings 

3 hours ago, Ethan412 said:

It’s just overall very slow and it’s not like it’s just a very bad pc cause for instance I used to run Rust at 60-80 FPS on medium settings and now it takes me litteraly 20 minutes to load into a server(I know a ssd card would help a lot) and when I get in I average around 20-30 fps on low settings 

Have you try to fresh Install the windows? In most cases it would fix that kind of problem 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

11 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Have you try to fresh Install the windows? In most cases it would fix that kind of problem 

But I would have to buy another 100$ windows driver right?

On 4/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, katulen said:

For starters.

Reboot your PC, go into BIOS and reset everything to default. Hint; When you're in BIOS, hit F5 makes it go back to default. Save changes and exit BIOS.

When it boots up, open up the software, which you used to overclock your GPU, and put everything back to default.

See if that helped with your game/chrome issue.

Regards to buying new PC parts, i am sure there a loads of guys in here that has some good tips for you :)

Thanks a lot, I did that and saw immediate results, still a little slow so I’ll keep working on it but thanks so much!

2 minutes ago, Ethan412 said:

But I would have to buy another 100$ windows driver right?

What? No you don't have to buy anything just download the windows iso files from the official website, make a bootable USB windows and then proceed with the installation and if you never done it just Google it or watch videos from YouTube. 

PS: you have to re enter the serial number that you have bought 

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

What? No you don't have to buy anything just download the windows iso files from the official website, make a bootable USB windows and then proceed with the installation and if you never done it just Google it or watch videos from YouTube. 

PS: you have to re enter the serial number that you have bought 

Yeah I had to do that on my old pc and put it on a flash drive and put it in my pc rn but wouldn’t it just tell me the code is invalid because I already used it?