Running Dual Corsair AIO's setup

49 minutes ago, Mouse-Potato said:

Here you can see the inital setup that I did and how it fits inside the case:IMG_20190314_151106.thumb.jpg.66d421fe5cd7057b7f21e46170c966e4.jpg

I initially used just one of the fans for exhaust but added another one later the way it should be.

I did not use any heatsinks whatsoever, I read somewhere that they don't really need it.

On the picture above you can see a couple VRM's to the left side that aren't under the fan supplied with the G12 but I do have 3 Noctua (you can see the baby poop brown showing on the bottom of the case) case fans blowing directly onto the face of the GPU which helps a lot. My case is the inWin 303 which has a weird setup but suits my needs.

Later I added the second fan that you can see in this picture:IMG_20190502_140533.thumb.jpg.7a7555467501d1dae2de8cc6b7851182.jpg  

It helped dropped the thermals a bit more after overclocking the GPU.

For the fan wiring, you can use the H55, but i'm not sure how the fans are hooked up, it might be the same as on the H80i if so it'll be easy. Keep in mind that the H50 is a lot thinner (like you said) than the H80i and you are running a 1080 classified that is overclocked. I'm not sure that will be enough cooling power considering the 1080 Classified version draws about 230-255 watts where as the RX 580 is probably around the 200 watt mark.

For my fans the two fans that mount to the radiator are plugged into the control unit for the H80i as for the G12 fan I hooked it up to a motherboard fan header and did a custom fan curve.

If you look at this review on GN:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2632-evga-gtx-1080-classified-tear-down-pcb-vrm-cooler

you'll notice the PCB layout of your GPU. You'll note that all the VRM's are on the side where the G12's fans is located, so you're pretty much set and have the perfect layout to mount the G12 and an AIO.

Don't bother with heatsinks or anything like that, just set up your fan to blow at 50% or more. If you can't set a GPU temp specific fan curve use your CPU heat temp sensor. The logic behind it is that if you're GPU is in load so is your CPU.

I did have to work a little to get the screw in place onto the GPU cooler, the screws barely clear the plastic housing around the H80i water pump. You might have to use different screws than those provided in the kit, I found some lying around in my mobo box where I keep all the spare parts that I never used.

Feel free to ask me anymore questions !

That's a massive help!!!

I don't suppose I could be a pain and ask for a closer look at the way you've mounted the pump to the G12 and the GPU?

I am really tempted to get that, but I am very worried I won't have the screws to mount it, unlike yourself.

Also, what temperatures do you reach while stressing the card while overclocked? Also, is there any way you can see the temperatures of your memory and/or VRMs? I would love to see those temps!

By the looks of things for the H55, both the fan and pump have their own fan header to plug into the motherboard if installed for a CPU cooler. Does both fans for the H80i connect to the pump and that gets its power from the USB?

Seeing a H80i installed to a G12 really gives me good hopes that I could buy one and install it without much issue, but I am still worried to buy it just in case it does not fit, so any more pictures of the mounting or any more information you could gimme would be a MASSIVE help! I do NOT want to buy the H55 simply because it will not be enough to cool it to the 60°c I am aiming for. I know my card can overclock like a boss when the temperatures allows it, because when I open HeavenBenchmark from a cold start, it will boost up to 2150MHz or higher (I think I've seen 2200MHz at one point) so I know with low enough temps, it will OC like a badass!

Sorry if I am being a pain, it's just that you're the only person I've been able to talk to that has a H80i installed on a G12, and I need as much info as I can get to help me, because I don't want to have to try and return it.

My current Set-Up: (Now in RGB)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 | CPU cooler: EVGA CLC 280 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @ 2050MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Boot SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB on a SilverStone SST-ECM20 | Game Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | Main Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM | Back-up Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 5900RPM in software RAID-1 | Recording Drive: Samsung SpinPoint 160GB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red | OS: Windows 10 Professional | Keyboard: Cyborg V.7 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + HP Compaq LA1951g | Speakers: Sony PCVA-SP2 (Which sound FANTASTIC) | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

@Mouse-Potato thanks for sending the info over.  Check in your BIOS and make sure that the fan headers both coolers are connected to are set to PWM mode, or 100% in DC.  If the header is not supplying the full 12v, this could cause issues like you're experiencing.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

2 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

@Mouse-Potato thanks for sending the info over.  Check in your BIOS and make sure that the fan headers both coolers are connected to are set to PWM mode, or 100% in DC.  If the header is not supplying the full 12v, this could cause issues like you're experiencing.

I will definitely check that out when i get a chance. I will let you know.

Thank you !

5 hours ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

That's a massive help!!!

I don't suppose I could be a pain and ask for a closer look at the way you've mounted the pump to the G12 and the GPU?

I am really tempted to get that, but I am very worried I won't have the screws to mount it, unlike yourself.

Also, what temperatures do you reach while stressing the card while overclocked? Also, is there any way you can see the temperatures of your memory and/or VRMs? I would love to see those temps!

By the looks of things for the H55, both the fan and pump have their own fan header to plug into the motherboard if installed for a CPU cooler. Does both fans for the H80i connect to the pump and that gets its power from the USB?

Seeing a H80i installed to a G12 really gives me good hopes that I could buy one and install it without much issue, but I am still worried to buy it just in case it does not fit, so any more pictures of the mounting or any more information you could gimme would be a MASSIVE help! I do NOT want to buy the H55 simply because it will not be enough to cool it to the 60°c I am aiming for. I know my card can overclock like a boss when the temperatures allows it, because when I open HeavenBenchmark from a cold start, it will boost up to 2150MHz or higher (I think I've seen 2200MHz at one point) so I know with low enough temps, it will OC like a badass!

Sorry if I am being a pain, it's just that you're the only person I've been able to talk to that has a H80i installed on a G12, and I need as much info as I can get to help me, because I don't want to have to try and return it.

I'll see what I can do, I have to find a little time to pull out my pc and take some stuff apart for the pictures, most likely over the weekend.

I'll post to this thread !

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 3:45 PM, PlymouthJoseph said:

That's a massive help!!!

Here are some of the pics I took of the build with the AIO. You can see from the pictures my fan setup from the case fans blowing directly onto the GPU, I think this helps with VRM temps. Max temps OC'd are around 52°C-55°C.

IMG_20190504_111334.jpg

IMG_20190504_111407.jpg

IMG_20190504_112640.jpg

IMG_20190504_113354.jpg

IMG_20190504_114401.jpg

IMG_20190504_115642.jpg

23 hours ago, Mouse-Potato said:

Here are some of the pics I took of the build with the AIO. You can see from the pictures my fan setup from the case fans blowing directly onto the GPU, I think this helps with VRM temps. Max temps OC'd are around 52°C-55°C.

Thank you so much!!!

Just to make sure I am seeing things correct, you're not using the screws that come with the H80i, right? You found them and used them, and that's because the factory ones were to long?

Also, you're using the Asetek bracket on the pump, and attaching that to the G12, right? No issues there, such as having to use a copper shim or anything along those lines.

Did your GPU come with a backplate? If so, did you find anyway of possibly mounting that other than having it just sitting there? I personally don't want to loose my backplate because it looks awesome.

1 more thing, did you use any heatsinks at all? I know I am diffidently going to use some for the VRAM chips, but possibly the VRMs. But as you said, your VRMs seam to be fine without them, so I might go without it.

Would it also be possible to explain and show how you've got everything connected to the G12? By this, I mean the 2 fans, radiator, USB and stuff like that. I can't really find that in the pictures.

Once again, thank you so much! I will hopefully be buying them later this month.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 | CPU cooler: EVGA CLC 280 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Classified @ 2050MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Boot SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB on a SilverStone SST-ECM20 | Game Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | Main Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM | Back-up Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 5900RPM in software RAID-1 | Recording Drive: Samsung SpinPoint 160GB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red | OS: Windows 10 Professional | Keyboard: Cyborg V.7 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + HP Compaq LA1951g | Speakers: Sony PCVA-SP2 (Which sound FANTASTIC) | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

On 4/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, Tristerin said:

iCUE roles out - the functionality of Link, was lost in iCUE.  This wasn't even reskinned - its garbage.  Link displayed all my components, all my temp sensors, all of it accurately.  And all of it in a layout format that made 100% sense.

Which is why I run Link and iCue side by side.

iCue also requires updating my K70 Lux in order to do what (the far superior) CUE did, and the update has a 100% fail rate.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, Tristerin said:

at their pricepoint they are giving me Rosewill quality (all around), with Corsair pricing.

I agree.. Two of my Vengeance LPX sticks died after a year and a half of stock settings. The back panel of the 780T needed to be tweaked/warped/bent every time I needed to access that side of the case.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 hours ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

Thank you so much!!!

Just to make sure I am seeing things correct, you're not using the screws that come with the H80i, right? You found them and used them, and that's because the factory ones were to long?

Also, you're using the Asetek bracket on the pump, and attaching that to the G12, right? No issues there, such as having to use a copper shim or anything along those lines.

Did your GPU come with a backplate? If so, did you find anyway of possibly mounting that other than having it just sitting there? I personally don't want to loose my backplate because it looks awesome.

1 more thing, did you use any heatsinks at all? I know I am diffidently going to use some for the VRAM chips, but possibly the VRMs. But as you said, your VRMs seam to be fine without them, so I might go without it.

Would it also be possible to explain and show how you've got everything connected to the G12? By this, I mean the 2 fans, radiator, USB and stuff like that. I can't really find that in the pictures.

Once again, thank you so much! I will hopefully be buying them later this month.

I am not using the screws provided in the kit, they were too wide. I found some what i believe were some replacement screws for holding on case panels or PCI slots. You can always go to a hardware store and find some that'll do the job. Just take the provided screws and ask someone there what they have in that thread type and length.

If I had to find a screw that would do the job I'd have useed "socket cap" screws, they aren't very wide so they'd clear the H80i housing and are easier to mount because they "hug" the allen wrench when istalling them.

I would shoot for 5mm long or whatever the length the stock screws are.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "socket cap screw""Socket Cap"

The G12 housing has a Asetek type coupling plat, you just press it in, twist and release pressure and it holds in place. I had to cut some of the foam that is supplied to help support the GPU on the bracket, I just used some scissors, I don't really think this is needed but I used it anyways since it was supplied.

My GPU came with a backplate, in the earlier pictures I didn't have the backplate installed, but upon your request for more pictures and having to pull it out of the case I decided to put the back plate back on. It is in fact screwed in by maybe 10 tiny screws. I don't see why you would have to remove it unless your 1080 ti has a different method for mounting its backplate.

I am not using any VRM heatsinks, I will try to use Unigine Heaven and see if I can check the temps that way.

For connecting the fans all you have to do is connect the H80i to a USB header and a fan header and then the two output wires go directly to the radiator fans, make sure that in your BIOS that fan header is at 100% all the time since iCUE controls the fans instead of the mobo. You can plug your 92mm fan onto another fan header and run it at 5V to 7.5V or whatver speed you think is sufficient to keep your VRM cool.

PS: The H80i fans can be set to follow GPU temps in the fans settings screen

In any case, good luck and I hope you post your pictures here as well. If you have some troubleshooting issues, let me know and I'll help you best I can.

Cheers,

MP

14 hours ago, Mouse-Potato said:

I am not using the screws provided in the kit, they were too wide. I found some what i believe were some replacement screws for holding on case panels or PCI slots. You can always go to a hardware store and find some that'll do the job. Just take the provided screws and ask someone there what they have in that thread type and length.

If I had to find a screw that would do the job I'd have useed "socket cap" screws, they aren't very wide so they'd clear the H80i housing and are easier to mount because they "hug" the allen wrench when istalling them.

I would shoot for 5mm long or whatever the length the stock screws are.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "socket cap screw""Socket Cap"

The G12 housing has a Asetek type coupling plat, you just press it in, twist and release pressure and it holds in place. I had to cut some of the foam that is supplied to help support the GPU on the bracket, I just used some scissors, I don't really think this is needed but I used it anyways since it was supplied.

My GPU came with a backplate, in the earlier pictures I didn't have the backplate installed, but upon your request for more pictures and having to pull it out of the case I decided to put the back plate back on. It is in fact screwed in by maybe 10 tiny screws. I don't see why you would have to remove it unless your 1080 ti has a different method for mounting its backplate.

I am not using any VRM heatsinks, I will try to use Unigine Heaven and see if I can check the temps that way.

For connecting the fans all you have to do is connect the H80i to a USB header and a fan header and then the two output wires go directly to the radiator fans, make sure that in your BIOS that fan header is at 100% all the time since iCUE controls the fans instead of the mobo. You can plug your 92mm fan onto another fan header and run it at 5V to 7.5V or whatver speed you think is sufficient to keep your VRM cool.

PS: The H80i fans can be set to follow GPU temps in the fans settings screen

In any case, good luck and I hope you post your pictures here as well. If you have some troubleshooting issues, let me know and I'll help you best I can.

Cheers,

MP

Thank you so much for all your help!!

When I get home, I will upload a few pictures of my current system without the G12 installed as I currently low on funds simply because I've got many bills decided to come out at the same time. Currently trying to save enough to get the G12, H80i V2, Noctua 92mm fan, GPU to CPU fan adapter, fan Y-Splitter (So I can connect the VRM fan to the radiator fan) and a internal USB splitter or hub because I'm out of internal USB headers. That's going to come up around the £150+ mark.

I've got a load of different screws in my tool kit, I'll take a picture of that when I get home too. See if there is any there you would recommend I try when I do eventually purchase the parts.

I just gotta hope that now I can fit it all into my system. Lol

Spoiler

I've just realised I have a picture of my system on my phone. Ain't anything overly fancy, and half of it is used... But it is mine and I couldn't be happier. 

I do have another 2.5" HDD to put on top of the PSU should. Just gotta get the time to install it. 

20190503_005228.jpg

Spoiler

23 hours ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

I've just realised I have a picture of my system on my phone. Ain't anything overly fancy, and half of it is used... But it is mine and I couldn't be happier. 

I do have another 2.5" HDD to put on top of the PSU should. Just gotta get the time to install it. 

20190503_005228.jpg

One problem I can notice with your system is the sage on your GPU, you might want to get a brace to install or figure out some way to support it.

Also you case has it's AIO in the front which blows hot air into the case, if you install a AIO on your GPU it'll be inhaling pre-heated air from your CPU. You might be experiencing high temps as it is from the current setup. I tend to go for cases that do not have a shroud on the bottom, and opt for at least one intake fan on the bottom instead.I liked the layout the inWin 303 had to offer because it has bottom to top flow and is pretty spacey.

If you decide to go with the build as is, you might have to rotate your EVGA heatsink 90 degrees clockwise to allo enough room for the H80i + 2 fans. You might be able to mount it to the top part of the case but I can't tell from the pictures how much romm you have and if it will clear your RAM.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, Mouse-Potato said:

One problem I can notice with your system is the sage on your GPU, you might want to get a brace to install or figure out some way to support it.

Also you case has it's AIO in the front which blows hot air into the case, if you install a AIO on your GPU it'll be inhaling pre-heated air from your CPU. You might be experiencing high temps as it is from the current setup. I tend to go for cases that do not have a shroud on the bottom, and opt for at least one intake fan on the bottom instead.I liked the layout the inWin 303 had to offer because it has bottom to top flow and is pretty spacey.

If you decide to go with the build as is, you might have to rotate your EVGA heatsink 90 degrees clockwise to allo enough room for the H80i + 2 fans. You might be able to mount it to the top part of the case but I can't tell from the pictures how much romm you have and if it will clear your RAM.

I plan in sorting the GPU sag soon, just trying to find something of the right length. Plan on getting hold of some Lego blocks and using them temporarily.

Also, in regards to GPU temps... Since installing my AIO, the temps actually went down by about 5°c. Originally I had a 212Evo installed for the CPU, but since swapping it, the temps are definitely better. And since I'm using a Xeon E3-1231-V3, it's not a overly powerful CPU and doesn't produce much heat.

I've also looked at other forum posts where people have tried installing an AIO at the top and simply won't fit due to the motherboard VRMs.

I really hope I won't have to turn the EVGA AIO, because that would bug the $H!T out of me.

Spoiler

10 hours ago, PlymouthJoseph said:

I plan in sorting the GPU sag soon, just trying to find something of the right length. Plan on getting hold of some Lego blocks and using them temporarily.

Also, in regards to GPU temps... Since installing my AIO, the temps actually went down by about 5°c. Originally I had a 212Evo installed for the CPU, but since swapping it, the temps are definitely better. And since I'm using a Xeon E3-1231-V3, it's not a overly powerful CPU and doesn't produce much heat.

I've also looked at other forum posts where people have tried installing an AIO at the top and simply won't fit due to the motherboard VRMs.

I really hope I won't have to turn the EVGA AIO, because that would bug the $H!T out of me.

Ah, well if the CPU isn't generating musch heat then the AIO is acting just as if it were an intake fan. To save some space you could just install one of the fans on the H80i which is more than enough in my opinion, having both only dropped temps by about 2 to 5 celsius.

Good luck with your endeavor!