Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
captain_to_fire

Tweets aren't embedding on the forum

It works for me. Does it reliably not work, or just didn't work once?

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

they looks ultra broken in FF too, but i think that is the tracking blocking doing its magic lol

Yeah, tracking protection does that.

Posted · Original PosterOP

As the title suggests, tweets aren't embedding like they used to. Is it because a change in IPS or in Twitter APIs?

Windows 10 Home

Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 

Screenshot (451).png

Screenshot (452).png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

they looks ultra broken in FF too, but i think that is the tracking blocking doing its magic lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Posted · Best Answer

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I finally figured out why. Third party privacy extensions seem to prevent proper embedding of tweets. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 4/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Is there any way to make it not do that while maintaing tracking protection?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 6GB RAM 128GB Storage (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

45 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Is there any way to make it not do that while maintaing tracking protection?

There's nothing that I can do, because embedded tweets could be used by Twitter to track you (on this site there are safeguards to reveal very little information to Twitter, but they are not detectable by the browser, and the fact that you viewed the tweet is still tracked by Twitter so it would be blocked either way). There might be a whitelist in any particular tracking protection system, but I don't know.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

While we're at it, I noticed they don't embed while I'm on phone. Is it a mobile limitation by any chance?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 4/29/2019 at 3:02 PM, captain_to_fire said:

As the title suggests, tweets aren't embedding like they used to. Is it because a change in IPS or in Twitter APIs?

Windows 10 Home

Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 

Reload page

They say no images here, but too bad! They couldn't stop me! 

When you really can't wait...