Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrIceCremeLollipop

i cant feel sub bass but the whole house can?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

ive got the logitech z506 which has a dedicated sub. Its a great system for volume ect, But the only problem is the sub. I keep it at my feet and even in diffrent rooms My pc was in the room below a while back) I could never feel any actual bass from the sub, It would only fill in the lows that the satellites dont do, never any feeling on the floor ect. Since then Ive moved into the attic, Which is directly above my mums room - Now the trouble is I listen to quite bassy music 80% of the time Im using my pc, which brings me to my main issue. I can never feel the bass, But for some reason the rest of the house can feel the kind of "Boom boom"-ness of the sub, Even at the lowest bass setting possible, Which makes my songs incredibly flat but still makes the sound go through the house, And my mum? She hates it, But no matter how much I turn the bass down I can never suppress it, Making for both a sh***y sound experience for me and quite a frustration between me and my mum because she thinks im just being disobedient, When I cant actually help it.

 

How can I fix this? just so it isolates the bass to my room, And how can i actually make it abit punchier for me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

ive got the logitech z506 which has a dedicated sub. Its a great system for volume ect, But the only problem is the sub. I keep it at my feet and even in diffrent rooms My pc was in the room below a while back) I could never feel any actual bass from the sub, It would only fill in the lows that the satellites dont do, never any feeling on the floor ect. Since then Ive moved into the attic, Which is directly above my mums room - Now the trouble is I listen to quite bassy music 80% of the time Im using my pc, which brings me to my main issue. I can never feel the bass, But for some reason the rest of the house can feel the kind of "Boom boom"-ness of the sub, Even at the lowest bass setting possible, Which makes my songs incredibly flat but still makes the sound go through the house, And my mum? She hates it, But no matter how much I turn the bass down I can never suppress it, Making for both a sh***y sound experience for me and quite a frustration between me and my mum because she thinks im just being disobedient, When I cant actually help it.

 

How can I fix this? just so it isolates the bass to my room, And how can i actually make it a bit punchier for me?

at lower frequencies the sound waves are wider hitting things like floors and walls harder essentially making your whole room sorta resonate and vibrate  to the sub. happens to me too. try putting something underneath the sub like a banket that could maybe absorb the vibrations. bu tother than that I would say only use the speakers when your mum aint home and use a bassy headphone while shes home. 


Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> monoprice monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, AKG k240, AKG k52

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,

Bluetooth headphones I use: AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1060 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

ive got the logitech z506 which has a dedicated sub. Its a great system for volume ect, But the only problem is the sub. I keep it at my feet and even in diffrent rooms My pc was in the room below a while back) I could never feel any actual bass from the sub, It would only fill in the lows that the satellites dont do, never any feeling on the floor ect. Since then Ive moved into the attic, Which is directly above my mums room - Now the trouble is I listen to quite bassy music 80% of the time Im using my pc, which brings me to my main issue. I can never feel the bass, But for some reason the rest of the house can feel the kind of "Boom boom"-ness of the sub, Even at the lowest bass setting possible, Which makes my songs incredibly flat but still makes the sound go through the house, And my mum? She hates it, But no matter how much I turn the bass down I can never suppress it, Making for both a sh***y sound experience for me and quite a frustration between me and my mum because she thinks im just being disobedient, When I cant actually help it.

 

How can I fix this? just so it isolates the bass to my room, And how can i actually make it abit punchier for me?

Welcome to room gain my friend. you're gonna have to experiment with where the sub is placed. try to do a sub crawl. pop the sub near enough to where your head is. then move around the room with your head near to the floor and where it sounds best, thats where the sub goes. also try sticking the sub in the corner, it can act as a horn.


My pc is just a pre-built idk i dropped my gpu i dont trust myself to build one.

Core i3 7100

8gb ddr4

1050ti

rockin cd player

1 tb HDD

m.2 ssd

500gb HDD

Now, the sound. Ah, the sound.

Schiit yggdrasil

Mcintosh MA9000

Chord shawline RCA cables

Isotek EVO3 power conditioner

Audioquest NRG-Y3 power cables

Chord clearway XLR's

QED Supremus speaker cable, 2m

Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3 Loudspeakers

SME Model 15 turntable

SME 309 tonearm

Clearaudio essence MC phono cartridge

beats are the best headphones available

Link to post
Share on other sites

also I used this  to  help me place my sub woofers

 

 


Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> monoprice monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, AKG k240, AKG k52

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,

Bluetooth headphones I use: AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1060 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

How can I fix this? just so it isolates the bass to my room.

Give this a try.

https://www.auralex.com/product/subdude-ii/


[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG || [CPU] i7 3770 @ 4.1 GHz - 1.14V || [Cooler] Zalman CNPS9900MAX || [Mobo] MSI Z77A-GD65 || [RAM] 16GB Hyper-X 1600 MHz

[GPU] Geforce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB || [Sound] Asus Xonar DGX || [SSD] 3x 128GB Crucial M4 (Raid 0) || [HDD] 3TB Seagate 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] Dell U2715H @ 2560x1440 || [Mouse] Razer DeathAdder || [Keyboard] IBM Model M (modded) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Thermaltake Riing Plus RGB

 

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, knight_40k said:

the logitech z506 is only small, its only 5 inch so i think this is kind of overkill. but something like this is needed. isolation like svs soundpath stuff.


My pc is just a pre-built idk i dropped my gpu i dont trust myself to build one.

Core i3 7100

8gb ddr4

1050ti

rockin cd player

1 tb HDD

m.2 ssd

500gb HDD

Now, the sound. Ah, the sound.

Schiit yggdrasil

Mcintosh MA9000

Chord shawline RCA cables

Isotek EVO3 power conditioner

Audioquest NRG-Y3 power cables

Chord clearway XLR's

QED Supremus speaker cable, 2m

Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3 Loudspeakers

SME Model 15 turntable

SME 309 tonearm

Clearaudio essence MC phono cartridge

beats are the best headphones available

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rice guru said:

also I used this  to  help me place my sub woofers

 

 

Good old steve :D


My pc is just a pre-built idk i dropped my gpu i dont trust myself to build one.

Core i3 7100

8gb ddr4

1050ti

rockin cd player

1 tb HDD

m.2 ssd

500gb HDD

Now, the sound. Ah, the sound.

Schiit yggdrasil

Mcintosh MA9000

Chord shawline RCA cables

Isotek EVO3 power conditioner

Audioquest NRG-Y3 power cables

Chord clearway XLR's

QED Supremus speaker cable, 2m

Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3 Loudspeakers

SME Model 15 turntable

SME 309 tonearm

Clearaudio essence MC phono cartridge

beats are the best headphones available

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 4/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, Derkoli said:

Welcome to room gain my friend. you're gonna have to experiment with where the sub is placed. try to do a sub crawl. pop the sub near enough to where your head is. then move around the room with your head near to the floor and where it sounds best, thats where the sub goes. also try sticking the sub in the corner, it can act as a horn.

I cant really try this, im just using 3.5MM cables for the 5.1 and all of them are short, So its difficult to move it around...Il figure something out.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, rice guru said:

at lower frequencies the sound waves are wider hitting things like floors and walls harder essentially making your whole room sorta resonate and vibrate  to the sub. happens to me too. try putting something underneath the sub like a banket that could maybe absorb the vibrations. bu tother than that I would say only use the speakers when your mum aint home and use a bassy headphone while shes home. 

 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:34 PM, knight_40k said:

Sorry for the late response, Thank you these are great il try these!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

I cant really try this, im just using 3.5MM cables for the 5.1 and all of them are short, So its difficult to move it around...Il figure something out.

 

Sorry for the late response, Thank you these are great il try these!

Ive got two svs sb1000's and they can be dead silent in some parts of my room, but in other parts you can only hear bass and nothing else. room gain can make subs so much louder then they will be in an anechoic chamber


My pc is just a pre-built idk i dropped my gpu i dont trust myself to build one.

Core i3 7100

8gb ddr4

1050ti

rockin cd player

1 tb HDD

m.2 ssd

500gb HDD

Now, the sound. Ah, the sound.

Schiit yggdrasil

Mcintosh MA9000

Chord shawline RCA cables

Isotek EVO3 power conditioner

Audioquest NRG-Y3 power cables

Chord clearway XLR's

QED Supremus speaker cable, 2m

Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3 Loudspeakers

SME Model 15 turntable

SME 309 tonearm

Clearaudio essence MC phono cartridge

beats are the best headphones available

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×