Help finding a camera

I usually use my phone for camera stuff. Its good enough sure.

But I want to go to the next level. I mostly want to just document my time or things I see in high quality. Stills/sometimes moving shots, 13M pixel or greater, and 4k video 30/60 fps.

I have no idea what sort of camera I should buy. I have a large budget so that is not a problem.

I would appreciate some suggestions based on some additional parameters along with the general usage I outlined above.

Removable rechargeable battery, and or also chargeable via usb and thus also via battery pack.

Large storage capacity, sd card slots or some other method of storing hundreds of gigs to a TB. 

At least one optical zoom level, mountable on dash of car or other mount, and general handheld usage. 

Not bulky.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Randy R said:

I have no idea what sort of camera I should buy. I have a large budget so that is not a problem.

well you better pick a budget becuase I can find you a camera that costs more than your house

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

well you better pick a budget becuase I can find you a camera that costs more than your house

I don't need anything too fancy, just functional. My budget is 5k but I would like to only spend 1-2k unless there is a good reason to spend more than that. If you have more than one idea, listing them all would be good so I could choose the best match. Even a brand name suggestion would be helpful, I could also look at their offerings on my own too.

Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Randy R said:

I don't need anything too fancy, just functional. My budget is 5k but I would like to only spend 1-2k unless there is a good reason to spend more than that. If you have more than one idea, listing them all would be good so I could choose the best match. Even a brand name suggestion would be helpful, I could also look at their offerings on my own too.

Thank you.

Currently the best APS-C hybrid camera is probably the Fuji X-T3 - no camera that I'm aware of does 4k video and stills better in one body. You could also go with a Canon M6 with a flipping screen, which is better for vlogging. It's still a decent system and doesn't cost as much or the M50. If you're willing to spend more, you probably want to look at Sony's A7iii but remember, that's an FF camera and they are bit bigger compared to the Fuji and a lot bigger than the M6/M50.

Edit: fixed a mistake in the last sentence. I meant "a lot bigger than the M6/M50" and not the T3 obviously.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

If you're looking for something nice and portable, the Sony RX1000 cameras or the more expensive Sony RX1 cameras are really great for photos, pretty good autofocus as well. Video recording is ok, definitely much better than whatever smartphone you're using. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

If you're looking at something pocketable, one of the Sony RX100 cameras would do well.

APS-C, I'd go Fuji XT-3.

Full frame, Sony A7rIII.

It really depends on your particular uses and what you want out of a camera.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Honestly, with that budget, and assuming you don't require full frame for any especial reason i'd go for the XT-3, pare it with a "Fuji Fujifilm Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR" lens if you want some extra zoom, or the "Fuji Fujifilm Fujinon XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS" lens if you don't really need all that zoom but care more for the low light performance.

I own the "XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR L2" and that's the one i would recommend, as it will give you more options in low light situations, but that's more expensive and it may not be worth it for you.

The usability of these camera is honestly amazing, and it really gives you a reason to go out and shoot, it is a pleasure to use especially i'f you are not getting paid for it. These one has all you need, it's compact, easy to use and lot's of fun.

Hope i'd helped.

Cheers.

Get a kit with the xt3 and 18-55mm, and if you want to be completely covered, I've seen kits with the 55-200mm as well. Those should tie you over very well for the foreseable future. 

No need to spend that kind of money, hell if I were you, I might even save a few bucks and go for an xt30 or xe3, all of these are great options, way more than what a beginner should ever need. 

Another option is the a7iii and 28-75mm 2.8 from tamron, but I think the fujis are better overall than that combo. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

I’d say X-T3 with the 18-55 and 55-200. Toss in a Fujinon prime (either the truly wonderful f/1.4 primes or the “Fujicron” f/2 compact primes that also deliver very good IQ will do nicely) if you still got some dosh left. If you want to save a little, go for the X-T30, which packs the same sensor and processor as the X-T3 but in a smaller body and less capable video (which is still among the top of the pack) with the same suggested glass.

I own the X-T3 with the 18-55. IMHO, it’s the best APS-C camera and best hybrid one out there, period. It’s very capable as both a stills camera video camera. IQ is excellent, autofocus is seriously top-notch (only behind Sony’s recent AF and Canon’s Dual Pixel) and records stunning video footage. 

It’s perhaps much more than you’ll ever need, but that’s another reason why I love it.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1