My brother dropped my pc and im trying to figure out whats making it freeze! Help please

Hello, can anyone help me at all?

My brother being a dick dropped my PC from his desk after an argument we had. Its a mid tower pc case, with a Asus ROG 980ti matrix Platinum with a fx 8350, 16gb ddr3 1600 mhz ram. Its a got an ssd and a hdd. I experience freezing in everything for example on my desktop and also, in games every 3-5 minutes. Could anyone help me at all? I can still play games at the same settings but the freezes, sometimes are so bad that i have to restart my pc. Thanks for the help in advance!
I also have no money as i'm 16 and still about to do my GCSE's and i need to have finished them for me to work. I dont get pokcet money so if i can find the root, ill start to save up.

Just now, Majestic said:

Was the system on when it was dropped? And are the games you're testing installed on the HDD? Because that is the most likely suspect to not have fully survived the fall.

The System was unplugged and the games are on the HDD and the SSD has Windows on it and the Windows still freezes. Both drives where held together by screws and they havent moved. Thank you for the reply.

3 minutes ago, MrMattyb540 said:

The System was unplugged and the games are on the HDD and the SSD has Windows on it and the Windows still freezes. Both drives where held together by screws and they havent moved. Thank you for the reply.

You're going to have to inspect any of the compontents that had items mounted on them that due to inertia could have bent something. That includes:
-GPU heatsink
-PCI-E slot because of the GPU.

-CPU heatsink

-Harddisks

I'd buy some thermal paste and start with remounting everything.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

You're going to have to inspect any of the compontents that had items mounted on them that due to inertia could have bent something. That includes:
-GPU heatsink
-PCI-E slot because of the GPU.

-CPU heatsink

-Harddisks

I'd buy some thermal paste and start with remounting everything.

Ok, this would be my first time doing something like this so ill just have to research it first. Thank you for replying.

1 minute ago, MrMattyb540 said:

Ok, this would be my first time doing something like this so ill just have to research it first. Thank you for replying.

Did you build the system yourself or was it a pre-built? 

Just now, Majestic said:

Did you build the system yourself or was it a pre-built? 

I built it myself and i know how to build a PC as ive built many but de-lidding a CPU and also the GPU will be my first time.

Just now, MrMattyb540 said:

I built it myself and i know how to build a PC as ive built many but de-lidding a CPU and also the GPU will be my first time.

Not delidding, just take off the heatsink and repaste lol.

Just now, Majestic said:

Not delidding, just take off the heatsink and repaste lol.

OOOOOOOhhhh, i forgot a CPU doesnt have an heatsink under the li, lol. Thank you, ill try that xD

1 minute ago, MrMattyb540 said:

OOOOOOOhhhh, i forgot a CPU doesnt have an heatsink under the li, lol. Thank you, ill try that xD

I just meant the heatsink (your cooler) that is mounted on the CPU. Anything that is attached to the mainboard with it's seperate inertia will have wanted to break away from the board due to the stress/force of dropping. Any of those connections can be bad now. For example the PCI-E slot could have some broken connections. The CPU mounting bracket could have gone bad. The thermalpaste could have been old and if the heatsink shifted for a split second it could have fractured old paste.

Just now, Majestic said:

I just meant the heatsink (your cooler) that is mounted on the CPU. Anything that is attached to the mainboard with it's seperate inertia will have wanted to break away from the board due to the stress/force of dropping. Any of those connections can be bad now. For example the PCI-E slot could have some broken connections. The CPU mounting bracket could have gone bad. The thermalpaste could have been old and if the heatsink shifted for a split second it could have fractured old paste.

Wait, that could make sense because i re-sat all the components just to make sure. Thank you for your help

I'd try unplugging the HDD and seeing if the issue remains. Even if Windows isn't installed on it, it could still be causing problems. 

The HDD is the most likely thing to be damaged by a drop, with the GPU (or really, the PCI-E slot/connector) being the second most.