Copyright

Faisal A

I have a small Youtube channel with approximately 40 subscribers. Am I allowed to edit the LTT logo and use it for my channel (non-commercial use) or is it copyrighted ? Also, am I allowed to copy the header ? 

linustechtips-2.svg

w69eta13xzb21.png

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

can't you think of a logo yourself?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Whether or lot is is commercial use is irrelevant. Publically replicating and displaying a copyrighted work is illegal in most of the developed world.

As is the illicit use of trademarked material.

Now, if you're going to change it will depend on whether or not the change will result in a derivative work or a standalone creative work. It's perfectly legal to use existing work as a template, but the result has to be legally distinct.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Faisal A said:

@Volbet Do you think something like this will be ok ?

linustechtips-3.png

I wouldn't know. I don't what kind of laws and practices are in place where you live nor to what extend YouTube will uphold their rules

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

You'd be seen as a copycat channel and ridiculed by anyone who knows where it comes from. Zero credibility.
Do you really want that? Make your own.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I wont go into legality as that isnt my place but as mentioned you will seen as a copy cat channel. You should look into developing your own identity especially since you are developing your own channel and if you cannot do this, then your channel could or would fail in a short time. I am not trying to bea downer here, just being realistic.

If you want to use any likeness of LMG material you need to contact LMG directly. Asking forum members is not going answer your question or properly represent how LMG will feel about your request.

I'm going to lock this topic to prevent any less-than-savory comments from being posted.

-= Locked =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER