NZXT H440 Thread

I had to take one fan on the top rad out. Otherwise it fits.

Could you please post a video/picture build guide for dual 360 rad? Thanks.

I just got this case and am in the process of putting dual 360 rads in. It's absolutely amazing in build and value. I'll write a review when I'm done.

On the thumbnail where it says Is this a Define r4 killer, what do you like better

• 1 month later...

You must buy it. lol

Tweak town installed a 45mm rad into the H440 case... So I was wrong. 

Will the NZXT Kraken X61 with quad fans fit in it?

• 2 weeks later...

Question. Anyone had a replacement NZXT Light Logo panel replacement that's died like the previous one? So about 2 months ago my NZXT LED panel in my H440 got really dim, messaged NZXT and received a replacement 3 weeks later... so I've had the new panel for about a month now and bam... it's dimmed a second time... So anyone else experienced it with the replacement panel? After contacting NZXT the last time (About a different product problem with took 4 weeks to be told I had to email Amazon... even though manufacturers warrantee should have covered it) I don't want all the hassle that comes with it.

Therefore how simple would it be to replace the LED's in it myself, buy some decent ones from maplin, obviously i'd have to solder them in and re-glue them. Have I got issues with needing the right resistors etc? or? Its that whats causing this LED problem altogether, too much power going to the LED's?

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly can not wait to get this case for my B'day!!! It is so sexy looking and bootiful... I just hope the system I have in mind will look great in that glass side panel :D

• 5 weeks later...

How badly does the air suction suffer from all these panels covering most of the fans?

How badly does the air suction suffer from all these panels covering most of the fans?

With 3 Cougar Vortex 120mm pwm fans at 50% (intake), two Cooler Master Blade (exhaust)...(whatever--120mm Seidon 240m fans) at 60%, and one 140mm NZXT stock fan (exhaust) at 100% in the rear.....I find my temps to vary by about 7ºc on the gpu with all the panels on vs. off when running heaven. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

With 3 Cougar Vortex 120mm pwm fans at 50% (intake), two Cooler Master Blade (exhaust)...(whatever--120mm Seidon 240m fans) at 60%, and one 140mm NZXT stock fan (exhaust) at 100% in the rear.....I find my temps to vary by about 7ºc on the gpu with all the panels on vs. off when running heaven. 

Thanks for this.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this case. Might go for the red one for my next build. Currently have a HAF-X. Coolermaster hasn't really done anything that I belive has this style. Wish they had a premium H440 like all brushed metal. Ever since the HAF-X first came out and I got one day one. I knew I wanted easier to remove dust filters. The top dust filter and side for the side fan are a real pain to remove. The painted screws on the side wear off quickly.

• 3 months later...

Would you say that this case is better than the fractal define r5 ? anyone ?

I took it over the R5, only things I dislike about it, is the tiny amount of room for cable management behind the motherboard tray, and the quite restrictive ventilation. 

The aesthetic of it is just gorgeous, and the three part compartmentalisation is awesome. 

Also, the lights for the rear I/O and the NZXT. logo is very nice. All the pros that Linus points out in the video I bless. 

The R5 is quieter, but I just find the H440 is just so much more appealing. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Would you say that this case is better than the fractal define r5 ? anyone ?

No, but similar and cheaper

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

is it possible to remove the psu cover to make a custom one?

yes someone does it on ebay uk 'nzxt h440 mod'

• 4 weeks later...

I am really debating on selling my Rosewill Rise Glow and buying this case... ugh what should I do? I haven't done anything to it, except for remove the 3.5in external optical drive bay, and nothing is installed.

I am really debating on selling my Rosewill Rise Glow and buying this case... ugh what should I do? I haven't done anything to it, except for remove the 3.5in external optical drive bay, and nothing is installed.

i like mine h440 way more then any case i have had before its really nice if you like clean cases with all the covers to hide cables.

Needs Update

• 3 months later...

maybe this is going to sound stupid AF but can you use an optical drive in this case?

maybe this is going to sound stupid AF but can you use an optical drive in this case?

No. You can get USB Disc resders if itmis for movies and installing windows ect..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

No. You can get USB Disc resders if itmis for movies and installing windows ect..

still great tho, ty for your reply ! :P

still great tho, ty for your reply ! :P

A similar great case is the BeQuiet! Silent Base 800 with 5.25" bays. Does not have a PSU shroud but still looks great

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

A similar great case is the BeQuiet! Silent Base 800 with 5.25" bays. Does not have a PSU shroud but still looks great

gonna take a look at it, although I feel in love with the phantom 410 nzxt orange/black found it in newegg and it looks insanely sexy lol

3: I made an update thread on the Subforum above this one 3:!!! Please investigate. owo

Moist

• 1 year later...

Do you own a White or Black NZXT H440? I will be speaking to NZXT about offering modified front grilled panels

Otherwise Pretty straight forward DIY video guide for making front grill in the NZXT H-series front panel

17 years of helping you void your warranty