NZXT H440 Thread

This is making me second guess my choice for a Define R4 case for my next build in about a year.  I love that someone finally took the leap of not including the 5.25" bays.  More space for fans and drives, although the amount of possible hard drives is pretty sparse.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

NCIX: http://www.ncix.com/search/?q=nzxt+h440

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2r7y

Newegg: http://bit.ly/1eDViin

My review/unboxing of the NZXT H440 is out! I actually really like this case. A LOT. I've spent some more time with it during B-roll shooting and taking the system back apart and it's grown on me even more since this video was made.

I would have liked to see the temps you got on the GPU and CPU when playing a game. Seems like not much room for air to come in at. Would be cool to see next time, other than that loved the content! 

I would kill to get the red/black version. Too bad it costs money.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is making me second guess my choice for a Define R4 case for my next build in about a year.  I love that someone finally took the leap of not including the 5.25" bays.  More space for fans and drives, although the amount of possible hard drives is pretty sparse.

In a year, they'll probably release a new revision of the R4 so keep your options open

In a year, they'll probably release a new revision of the R4 so keep your options open

Yeah, that's why I'm waiting.  I almost bought one now just to put my current build in since my CM Storm Scout 2 has a tinny rattle that can be annoying sometimes, but I decided against it since Fractal will probably release a new version in a years time.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

I've been wanting this case since it launched a couple of weeks ago. It ticks every box I ever imagined a perfect case for me having. My only downside is that I wasn't planning my next build for a while more yet.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Those HDD mounts really aren't my thing - a rail would just be so much easier and they'd share the load better as well

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

Yeah, but this way you get some completely ridiculous radiator clearance in the front.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

I think I might just have to pick up this case.  Does the low noise adapter that comes with Noctua fans still work if you plug them into the fan controller in the back of the case?  You said in the video that any extra fans plugged in would be running at 100%.

Damn...I am seriously considering getting this case and cancel my Define R4 Black with window that is on back order. but i got that one for $70...is this worth $50 more? I do prefer the look of the H 440.

I was absolutely going to get this case when I saw it online quite some time ago, but now I just am not sure anymore.

Its not that the case is bad or anything, but I ended up getting ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition and got a hold of OC Panel and it just looks too good and pretty darn useful for monitoring sitting in my 5.25 bay.

If OC Panel cable was extremely long, I would just route it out of the case and put it somewhere, but its darn short.

My post ended up ranting about a product that has nothing to do with NZXT. LoL

- 12-way fan splitter on the back..

- power supply cover THAT'S ILLUMINATED

- illumination for the back mobo tray

- SSD mounting ontop of the psu cover that had cable grommets for them

- and thumbscrews that are literally IMPOSSIBLE to lose

All for 120$? (not to mention it's a silent case)...

This case is truly amazing for the pricepoint and NZXT REALLY hit the nail on the head this time. I just hoped for the same to be a bit more aesthetically appealing to me, but I guess it doesn't bother THAT much...

Build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/47209-my-350d/#entry625528

Intel i7-4770k I Corsair H100i I  Asus Z87 Gryphon Geforce GTX 780 I Corsair 16GB Vengeance memory I x2 120GB Samsung 840 in RAID 0 & 2TB Seagate Corsair 350D Silverstone 750w 80+ Gold I

Silverstone Tek PP07 Cable Sleeving I Asus Xonar STX 

I think I might just have to pick up this case.  Does the low noise adapter that comes with Noctua fans still work if you plug them into the fan controller in the back of the case?  You said in the video that any extra fans plugged in would be running at 100%.

Yes, it would work

This case totally changed my water loop upgrade plans. I was thinking of getting a new bay res for my 750D, but the H440 just seems to pefectly fit what I have been looking for. Toss a 60mm 360 rad upfront and load it with some Notcua fans and it will easily handle my CPU and GPU loop. Have to get a different res than what I was planning but oh well. I won't have to look at the ugly ass Noctua fans either since that plate will hide them and being built for silence makes it all the better (since D5 pumps are not the quietest things in the world). I love the black/red version.

I love this case, but I wish they made a Black one with white. They have a black one with reed, but I don't like it. Hopefully they come out with one by the time I do my new build. 

Also, @LinusTechTips please change your intro back to what it was. It's better in my opinion.

that looks sweet like a lemon, if i can make a suggestion why dont you make a video where you build your own case the way you would want it. I would like a blank steel case with the option to make my decals the way i would like. :D

release date is in a month?!?!?!?! :(

pretty good pricepoint too

would take this over a 750d any day

Release date is just a few weeks away. 

This case also comes in a Black ( with red vents and detail ) which is more my style over the white. This seems like a very decent case for the amount that you are paying for it.

I Like the enclosure for the Power supply, it really finishes off the case and takes it to the next level.

Good Job NZXT !!

Thanks. I think the product team really brought there A game with this case. 

Can someone quickly answer this so I don't have to make a thread, why are 5.25" bays so frowned upon? People say it's outdated technology and whilst I agree, I think it's a huge inconvenience not to have one. What if you need to install a game or watch a blu-ray movie? Or maybe install drivers when you have no internet access? :/

Its less and less common that people are using 5.25 bays anymore. People do still use them, but we wanted to go into a different direction and shake up how cases are thought of. With the majority of games, movies and other software that can be accessed on the net, it makes it so much easier going this route. USBs and  external HDDs seem to be what everyone is using, including myself. I always hated the fact that if I messed up a cd, I will have to buy another one. 

I love this case. I really like the drive mounts and the fact that it doesn't have a 5.25 inch bay. I cant wait to see a custom water cooled build in it. :)

The teaser video build was done by me. It features a full loop with 360 rad, pump and res in the HDD area. It was really easy to work with it.

this is a sold contender from nzxt, and at that price point, i think its going to appeal to ALOT of pc builders

seeing how well the define r4 did, im putting my all my chips on this case. the only slightly disappointing thing is the airflow...but if you load it with fans (like Linus did in the video), shouldnt be a problem

i actually like the hard drive cage design quite a bit, its very unrestrictive to the fans and i dont think many people buying a midtower will need more than 4 hard drive mounts anyway

whats the deal with no 5 1/4 inch drive bay? i still use a dvd burner, and im sure alot of people do. there was plenty of room for one, too. it just deonst make sense why they left that out

this might be my next case, i certainly love the exterior AND the interior look, and it has all the options i need; except for a ODD slot. otherwise, its a solid case, and im excited to see what nzxt comes out with next

Just as I have stated above.. 

When is the release date

White unit should be out the first weeks on Feb, and then the black unit out a week after. 

You can pre-order through the NZXT Site:

http://store.nzxt.com/H440-Mid-Tower-Case-p/ca-h440w.htm

The Bundle pack with the Limited edition Ducky Shine 3 Mech Keyboard. 

http://store.nzxt.com/product-p/h440shine.htm

If you're going to be running fans on really low speeds to keep the silent build theme going, there wouldn't be a need for muchg airflow in the intake and exhaust, right?

I want 6 nf-f12's and 2x360mm radiators (60mm & 30mm), put a photon 270 in the front attached to the rad possibly. Awesome case!

Release date is just a few weeks away. 

Thanks. I think the product team really brought there A game with this case. 

Its less and less common that people are using 5.25 bays anymore. People do still use them, but we wanted to go into a different direction and shake up how cases are thought of. With the majority of games, movies and other software that can be accessed on the net, it makes it so much easier going this route. USBs and  external HDDs seem to be what everyone is using, including myself. I always hated the fact that if I messed up a cd, I will have to buy another one. 

The teaser video build was done by me. It features a full loop with 360 rad, pump and res in the HDD area. It was really easy to work with it.

Just as I have stated above.. 

White unit should be out the first weeks on Feb, and then the black unit out a week after. 

You can pre-order through the NZXT Site:

http://store.nzxt.com/H440-Mid-Tower-Case-p/ca-h440w.htm

The Bundle pack with the Limited edition Ducky Shine 3 Mech Keyboard. 

http://store.nzxt.com/product-p/h440shine.htm

Some reviewers have commented on the small vents choking the fans. Will they actually affect them?