20 Million PC Gamers to Switch to Consoles by 2022, as per Jon Peddie Research

48 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

My first build I only used a TV because that is what I had at the time. It actually worked really well and was comparable to an entry level monitor minus the input lag. And the old build was a R5 1600 with a 1060 3gb. 

In what world is an R5 and a 1060 considered old?

47 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also I do find it strange that you would bring up racing games because it is honestly one of the few games I play on my xbox. 

Because I'm a mind reading time traveler and we've had this conversation before.  Not bad when those frame timings are nailed down solid, eh?  Not so much when they're not.

Do bare in mind I initially said 'I wouldn't blame them' not that I believe that 20mil ppl would jump from PC to console.

P.S.  I really hope you're not comparing a new last year old PC to the original xbox, or I'll have to group you in with the inter-sectional feminist statisticians.

I can kinda see a future scenario where consoles get full kb+m support, all the PC exclusive genres like CRPGs, RTS, MOBA, etc. get ported over, and at the same time I become a parent and can't afford quality gaming rigs anymore.

In this case, a $300 console seems like it might actually be a decent option. 

However, I'd also need a computer for work, so I'd still have to dish out money for a laptop or an office-style desktop, at which point I might just as well forget about the console and get a full gaming/work rig instead like I have now. :P 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

1 hour ago, bradwiggo said:

Also for a lot of people designing and building the PC is the fun part, which is something you simply can't do with a console. 

But you can’t subscribe to an online service that never works on PC...

Interesting outlook, and honestly if they're thinking about people that play Fortnite and similar games almost exclusively, I could see it being a thing. Consoles are cheaper, easier to set up, easier to purchase, etc etc. Most people already have a TV, so they don't have to dedicate that much more space. For the casual gamer, a console makes a lot more sense than investing into a gaming PC. Especially if you're only playing a few titles. With the rising costs of some PC components, it might push those people more towards consoles as a cheaper alternative.

Personally, I could see myself buying a console. I don't play many games, and if my friends were to migrate more towards consoles for ease of use and space requirements, then I likely would too. I'll likely build one more high end gaming PC in 2020/2021, and after that I really don't see myself needing anything better for at least 5 years. At that point, I'll probably have moved on to other things.

19 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Someone tell the RX 570 that GPU prices are going up

I think they're referring to the higher end cards, which have steadily increased in price over the years. Can't really argue that.

It'll be interesting to see what AMD does with their next generation though; go for the value option and capture more market, or go for price and hope they can grab enough in sales to offset the lower volume.

19 hours ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Analyze away, but in my mind, at least, some great migration to console just doesn't seem likely. PCs will inherently be able to do more and people use them because they like that. Nobody's going to say, "Oh, consoles can deliver a decent gaming experience now! Guess I'll kiss all the other things I love about PC goodbye!". And GPU prices are going up? Give me a break.

Yes, but you're in the mindset that said person wouldn't have a simple desktop or laptop as well, which is the wrong way to look at it. This is just looking at people who are playing games, it's not even remotely saying they're going to sell their desktop or not have a PC and will only have a console. It's just looking at gaming, not every other usea PC has. GPU prices are certainly going up. You just have to look at their launch prices to realize that, and if you don't...well...numbers are hard?

19 hours ago, seoz said:

Not if I still have to pay £50 a year just to play online.

I've never really understood that as a reason. I mean, sure, it's an added cost, but realistically if you buy them on sale, you can get XBL for about $3 or $4/month. Which isn't bad at all, especially since it includes free games. I have some friends that only play on console because they're not hardcore gamers and don't have the room, or frankly desire to dedicate that much space to a PC. So we play on console, and a few dollars a month is extremely cheap entertainment.

19 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Do a poll OP and lets see if users think they will be switching.

Me?  Why?  Why not get a PC that can...do all of the things?  I traded my Xbox One (was given as a Christmas gift) for a winch.  Just sayin.

Cuz that won't be bias at allllll ?

Why do you think you wouldn't be able to have PC as well as a console? Or a PC and a laptop, which does the same things as a full blown desktop? Just sayin.

16 hours ago, Derangel said:

Highly optimized my ass. Also if you are including the cost of a monitor then you need to include the cost of a TV that can even take advantage of these consoles.

TV's aren't actually that expensive, and are comparable in price to a higher end computer monitor, so in the end the PC still costs more money.

12 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

excuse me one sec....

ok,ok,ok,ok,.....

i'm not even gonna bother with tackling this as it's bullshit, seriously? PC gamers switching to console? mate you have that backwards...

oh before i forget! um, i decided to look at the source and who the people are behind the articles... (most of us on the forums do this because we like looking at the source ourselves to make our own opinion)

and guess who i found?

everyone meet Shruti, one of the writers on techquila

IMG_20181014_111400_417.jpg

and if we look at the image that our friend here has as his profile pic:

imported-photo-631894.thumb.jpeg.cbe735b5bf336e3eee5cedae1a03172f.jpeg.7549c14bc105934db637b59ed2abbc11.jpeg

oh hello Shruti! (oh don't even bother removing and replacing your profile pic, ive downloaded it and uploaded the downloaded one myself, that way you can't get rid of it! ?)

so simply, i'm reporting you, that and a request that your account gets banned, your IP also banned, and that techquila is no longer a accepted source anymore...

we aren't stupid, we are a forum full of people who don't like being fooled...

so when your team hears about this tell them this: "the LLT fourms no longer want to do anything with you, your team and your company and it's associates..."

edit: oh i forget! 

have an excellent day!

Haha, that's a little harsh...and frankly unnecessary. I'm so sure LTT will entertain your request to IP ban them, too ;) A simple warning is all that will happen, and frankly, all that's warranted. Not exactly the best way to interact with people, eh?

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Yes, because 90% of PC gamers have the money to buy a new console every 4 years. 

Naturally we were all waiting for ray tracing & subscription game services that cost more than $12 a month that don’t let you cancel anytime. 

Haha, I don't think 90% of PC gamers are that poor. Not having an extra $100 a year to put away is a pretty serious issue.

You can also get XBL for about $3 or $4 a month if you wait for a sale. So. There's that.

Nice try, though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I don't think 90% of PC gamers are that poor. Not having an extra $100 a year to put away is a pretty serious issue.

You can also get XBL for about $3 or $4 a month if you wait for a sale. So. There's that.

Nice try, though.

I don't think this is a financial issue.

You are likely right that most of us can easily afford 100 bucks a year for playing online.

But the thing is, it's a specific cost that doesn't exist on the PC. No need for a subscription or whatever.

If steam asks a few bucks a month to play games online and a few other nice but not required benefits, I would say this becomes a non-issue.

But why would you pay for something that you already have on another platform that's free? I think it's more the fact you have to pay (yes only a few bucks but amount isn't the key issue here) at all compared to no need to pay.

Free vs not-free is the main issue, not 5 bucks vs 10 bucks.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yeah, yeah, the desktop pc has been "dying" for what, 15 years now? Honestly I think the term "switch" to be a bit misleading, if all it means is that instead of upgrading their graphics card they'll buy a console then they still own a pc and games for it...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I don't think this is a financial issue.

You are likely right that most of us can easily afford 100 bucks a year for playing online.

But the thing is, it's a specific cost that doesn't exist on the PC. No need for a subscription or whatever.

If steam asks a few bucks a month to play games online and a few other nice but not required benefits, I would say this becomes a non-issue.

But why would you pay for something that you already have on another platform that's free? I think it's more the fact you have to pay (yes only a few bucks but amount isn't the key issue here) at all compared to no need to pay.

Free vs not-free is the main issue, not 5 bucks vs 10 bucks.

You misunderstand the quote. He was talking about the cost of buying a new console every 4 years, which would work out to be about $100/year.

The cost does exist on PC, just not for every game. There are indeed games that require a monthly subscription.

You'd pay because you have friends that play on console more than PC, and even if you're paying that minuscule amount monthly, the overall cost of a console compared to a PC is lower.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

28 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I've never really understood that as a reason. I mean, sure, it's an added cost, but realistically if you buy them on sale, you can get XBL for about $3 or $4/month. Which isn't bad at all, especially since it includes free games. I have some friends that only play on console because they're not hardcore gamers and don't have the room, or frankly desire to dedicate that much space to a PC. So we play on console, and a few dollars a month is extremely cheap entertainment.

The thing is, I've never been lucky enough to get any sales. I've always paid the flat annual subscription of £40 per month until Sony raised the annual price to £50. I preferred to pay annually as generally, annual yields more value compared to monthly billings.

The free games you get with PS+ expire once your own PS+ expires, so it's hard to say I enjoy that part when I'm technically paying to maintain keeping those 'free' games.

To be fair, it really depends on which games are in subject. I recently played NBA 2K18 again after I bought a new HDMI cable for my PS4 and found out to my surprise that I could play MyCareer and join the neighbourhood without a PS+ subscription, it was great.

I then booted up GTA 5 Online only to forget that I didn't have a PS+ subscription.

I think the thing that urks me overall about the subscription fee is how, for a lack of a better word, garbage Sony is at maintaining PlayStation servers. There would always be a downtime twice a month when I used to play on my PS4 as my main entertainment console, and it felt like a kick in the jaw that I was paying £40 a year just to have the privilege to play online and have servers go down every so often.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You misunderstand the quote. He was talking about the cost of buying a new console every 4 years, which would work out to be about $100/year.

The cost does exist on PC, just not for every game. There are indeed games that require a monthly subscription.

You'd pay because you have friends that play on console more than PC, and even if you're paying that minuscule amount monthly, the overall cost of a console compared to a PC is lower.

I would even say 100 bucks a year is a lot.

If you don't buy consoles right on release you can get that number down quite a lot.

Like, i can buy a new ps4 or xbox one for 300 bucks and if it's on sale that's usually more around 250.

And usually if you play on PC, you meet friends that also play on PC and stay there.

Same goes for consoles. Of course people will switch from PC to console or vica versa because their friends are on a different platform but still. I doubt money is a big factor when you just want to have fun with friends.

Also, I don't have friends so I have no personal experience with such situations sooo yea....

And I wouldn't be so sure of the overall cost of a console being lower than a PC. Don't forget PC games are in general cheaper and have a LOT more sales and are almost always cheaper than their console equivalent. It might be a few bucks here and there but that can quickly add up.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Yes, but you're in the mindset that said person wouldn't have a simple desktop or laptop as well, which is the wrong way to look at it. This is just looking at people who are playing games, it's not even remotely saying they're going to sell their desktop or not have a PC and will only have a console. It's just looking at gaming, not every other usea PC has. GPU prices are certainly going up. You just have to look at their launch prices to realize that, and if you don't...well...numbers are hard?

The key word here is switch. We're talking about people making console their primary gaming platform, and that is what I don't see as likely. They may not necessarily sell their PC, but by making console their go-to they are giving up what they love about PC for the most part. Regarding GPU prices, let's take a look at those... The GTX 1060 6GB (I start with the 1060 and fail to mention the 1050(ti) vs the 1650 due to that being a bad card even in comparison with the rest of the Turing lineup, and the 570 being a much better replacement) hovered around the low $300s, at least in about the latter thirds of its lifetime (PCPartPicker's price history only lets you see so far back unfortunately), in spite of its MSRP of $250 (Ignoring the mining craze, of course), the GTX 1660's MSRP and going price also sitting at $220. Its other hypothetical equivalents, the 1660ti (MSRP $280; Going price the same) and 2060 (MSRP $350; Going price the same) with it average to the 1060s modern equivalents' costing about 5% less on average. Moving up, the 1070 launched with an MSRP of $380 and was priced around the low to mid $400s throughout the latter part of its lifetime. Its big brother, the 1070ti, launched with an MSRP of $450 and went for about the low to mid $500s throughout the latter part of its lifetime, the two having an average MSRP of $415 and average going price of $450. Regarding the new components. As an interruption here, you could claim my attempt to group the 1070 and 1070ti is deceptive, but I did just that with the 1660, 1660ti, and 2060 for the sake of clarity, and did it at my own expense for that matter, as simply equating the 1660 and 1060 would have been much more flattering. However, again, the grouping is for clarity and fairness. Not every card has a modern or older equivalent which one might compare it to. Now, for the 1070(ti)'s new alternative, we have the 2070. This card launched with an MSRP of $500+ (There are two slightly different versions, the former of which has an MSRP of simply $500, but I figured I wouldn't flatter my argument too much and it's not like it matters anyway. The going price is what's important) and has a going price in the low to mid $500s, its cheaper models in the mid to high $400s. For sake of argument, we'll give the card an average price of $480, making it about 6% more expensive than the last gen options on average. This is hardly a notable difference, and, in my opinion, is wholly justified. Even more notable, though, is the fact that we found the card to be cheaper than just the 1070ti on average. Further up on the totem pull, we have the 1080 and 1080ti, though it is unfair to group these and the modern counterparts as the latter have vastly different price tags and all perform very differently, so I will compare the 1080 to the 2080 and the 1080ti to the 2080ti. The 1080 launched with an MSRP of $600, this later being cut by Nvidia to $500. I was unable to find any kind of consistent price history online, so, for sake of argument, we'll average these to what is, in my opinion, a conservative $550. The 2080 launched with an MSRP of $700, its going price about the same. This is our first notable price jump, making the 1080s modern counterpart about 32% more expensive. The performance gains here are still notable, but, admittedly, not to the degree that they can justify the vast markup we see here. As for the 1080ti vs the 2080ti, well, yeah we all know how badly that one goes.

So have prices gone up? Well, on the low-end to midrange, not much, and sometimes prices have even gone down. On the high end, yes, they have only managed to offer equivalent value to their older counterparts, and on the ultrahighend we see vast losses in value. So it's bold to say "Graphics card prices are going up so people are going to switch to console!" when the level of GPUs we'll see in the next-gen thereof will at best be around the 2070 mark. And we haven't even talked about the soon-to-come Navi...

I guess we'll have to see what price are like in a month or two in the vast, ever-interesting world of PC hardware.

Sources: Wikipiedia (GeForce 10 series, GeForce 16 series, GeForce 20 series), PCPartPicker (Video Cards - Price Trends, Choose A Video Card)

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

1 hour ago, Princess Twilight Sparkle said:

How many gamers don’t have both consoles and PCs to play on?

Aside from Sega Master System and GameBoy that I had as a kid, I never owned a console. Why would I?

Aside from a few console exclusive games (only one of which I actually care about), PC does everything a console can and more. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

I am planning on building a ryzen 3000 series apu mini steam box. It will run off lubuntu Linux with steam install and set to auto launch on big picture mode on start up. It will be inside a very small form factor mini itx case. I will be using an Xbox wireless controller. 

It's gonna be awesome and work just like a console. Performance will be better than Xbox one S too. I just need to wait for amd to release their 3rd gen ryzen. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

16 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

-snip-

I appreciate your for your sleuthing skills, while others may not

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

5 hours ago, fpo said:

Yes, because 90% of PC gamers have the money to buy a new console every 4 years. 

Naturally we were all waiting for ray tracing & subscription game services that cost more than $12 a month that don’t let you cancel anytime. 

Thats true all the PC gamers have the money for that!

Custom Build, i9 10900K 5,3Ghz All Core, Asus ROG STRIX Z490-A, Asus RTX ROG STRIX 3090 OC, 4x 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4, Samsung Evo Pus 970 500gb, Samsung Evo Pus 970 1TB, 4TB HDD 5,400 RPM, Corsair AX1600i 1600 Watt, CUSTOM WATERCOOLING LOOP, Corsair Obsidian 1000D

increasing gpu prices?

Well if you can't adapt what kind of gamer are you really?

19 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

increasing gpu prices?

Well if you can't adapt what kind of gamer are you really?

A console gamer

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

6 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

In what world is an R5 and a 1060 considered old?

Because I'm a mind reading time traveler and we've had this conversation before.  Not bad when those frame timings are nailed down solid, eh?  Not so much when they're not.

Do bare in mind I initially said 'I wouldn't blame them' not that I believe that 20mil ppl would jump from PC to console.

P.S.  I really hope you're not comparing a new last year old PC to the original xbox, or I'll have to group you in with the inter-sectional feminist statisticians.

The gtx 1060 was released around the same time the xbox one s was released so yeah it's old. The 1600 is not much newer than them both. Also you are pretty full of it if you are trying to say I am comparing that PC to the original xbox 

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also you are pretty full of it if you are trying to say I am comparing that PC to the original xbox 

Read the statement again, and read your post where you brought up xbox and you tell me.

My mind-reading time traveler comment earlier was a joke ya know.

5 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Read the statement again, and read your post where you brought up xbox and you tell me.

My mind-reading time traveler comment earlier was a joke ya know.

I read it again and still dont see what you are talking about. Anyways bottom line is that I have always had a better experience on PC than I have had on console especially because I was able to achieve good frame rates that the consoles simply dont. 

20 hours ago, fpo said:

Lol what? Ps4 came out 6 years ago and the ps3 6 before that, for example. Average Pc gaming has upgraded atleast twice within that time frame, at most likely higher the cost of the 2 consoles combined. 12 bucks? buy one less coffee and sandwich a month lol. Also who's not letting you cancel ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Word on the street is that people want to switch over to PC, because ridiculous levels of censorship on PS4.

Let's see how this plays out. Personally, I don't expect any noticeable changes, since people don't change habits easily, but if I had to bet on a future, I'd put my money on mobile gaming. I'd really prefer a future of VR, but it's still too expensive. Cost for everything you need to do VR (headset, PC, etc.) should be under $200 on the low end, else it's impossible to capture sufficient market share. And it would be completely enough to get games on the level of, say Wolfenstein 3D. Just remember the original GameBoy. Under $100. Far inferior to the competition, but lived for over a decade and sold like crazy.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:13 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

lul, PC is pretty much the only (viable) platform if you are a competitive player. PC Gaming isn't dying any time soon.

The ones who will get consoles are the ones that would buy consoles in the 1st place or really should be using consoles for various reasons.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:00 PM, FANGXP said:

According to the analyst, more and more PC gamers will probably shift to consoles because of increasing GPU prices and the inclusion of PC-specific features like 4K and ray tracing in the next-generation of these platforms.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:26 PM, mr moose said:

When majority of gamer's only buy mid-range GPU's

I suspect that these 20 million are the ones who think that you always need to upgrade to the newest and most expensive GPU as soon as it comes out, or that you only have to buy Nvidia.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:00 PM, FANGXP said:

The coming of streaming services like the Google Stadia 

As if that's going to be cheap.

5 hours ago, Noctus said:

Lol what? Ps4 came out 6 years ago and the ps3 6 before that, for example. Average Pc gaming has upgraded atleast twice within that time frame, at most likely higher the cost of the 2 consoles combined. 12 bucks? buy one less coffee and sandwich a month lol. Also who's not letting you cancel ?

I ain't. I upgraded once every 6 years. Most hand me downs/freebies!