2200 or 3000Mhz memory?

Main use of the PC will be home video editing , browsing and general use. Will I be better of with DDR4 2 x 16Gb 2200Mhz or 2 x 8Gb 3000Mhz memory please? Will CL make a great deal of noticeable difference? 

May overclock and use for games later on.

Based on Ryzen 2700X / Crosshair VII. 

for games and everything it's worth it to get 3000 over 2133

btw, look into the taichi while you're at it. similar and really nice board

Well you won't need 32gb for your purposes, so just get the 3000mhz 16gb kit. Ryzen loves faster memory. Lower latency is a good thing but it's not crucial. As long as the 3000mhz kit is cl16 or lower it's a good kit. Anything lower is a bonus really.

Faster the mhz and the lower the CL the better the ram will be, not sure why people are saying its not crucial to your needs as you mentioned video editing, good Ram is a must for that.

4 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Well you won't need 32gb for your purposes, so just get the 3000mhz 16gb kit. Ryzen loves faster memory. Lower latency is a good thing but it's not crucial. As long as the 3000mhz kit is cl16 or lower it's a good kit. Anything lower is a bonus really.

Hi I hope this doesn't count as thread hijacking but rather than making a new thread I'm just gonna ask here:

a. Does Ram really make a difference if I'm using a ryzen 2200g but I also have a dedicated GPU?

b. Will diff frequencies break the ram? 

c. Will diff capacities break the rams (4+8gb for example) ? 

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB

20 minutes ago, Rhaemond said:

Hi I hope this doesn't count as thread hijacking but rather than making a new thread I'm just gonna ask here:

a. Does Ram really make a difference if I'm using a ryzen 2200g but I also have a dedicated GPU?

b. Will diff frequencies break the ram? 

c. Will diff capacities break the rams (4+8gb for example) ? 

Having a dedicated gpu has no influence on ram. Having faster ram improves performance no matter what the system is.

You can go past the rated speed of the ram kit, however it's rated for a reason. It's not recommended to go past that as you may have to increase the voltage. Just pay for higher speed rated ram, simple. Don't take any risks. You can of course go under the rated speed, no problems. Although I'm not sure why you would want to do that.

Yes, you can use different capacities together, but it's better off to just get a pair of the same instead.

I appreciate your views. So, which is better to go with:

2 x 8Gb 3200 CL14 or

2 x 16Gb 3200 CL16

Home Video editing is not necessarily the full time requirement. The plan is to convert various home videos into edited final versions with music, speech added.