Brightness stuck at max. Eyes burning. Please help.

KingAtem

Okay i have a computer i basically just use for anything that involves typing and as a back up. For most of this year I've let a friend borrow this laptop and right before i lent it to him i had just did a fresh install of windows to fix some major bugs on it for lack of an easier method. I had reinstalled any of the drivers before hand and now that I've gotten it back, I've tried to do just that.

Problem is, i still can't lower the brightness of the screen. The most i can do is turn on windows 10 night light to somewhat dim it, but it still feels like it's burning my eyes.

If anyone can help me I'd be ever so grateful... and my eyes will be too.

I have a

HP ProBook 440 G1 Base Model Notebook PC

The link for the drivers are https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-440-g1-notebook-pc/5405428/model/5405429?sku=C7N87AV

Also keep in mind that this computer originally had windows 8.1 and I've gone through this several times but it's been so long I've forgotten how to fix this.

**UPDATE**

I solved my issue. When i last installed windows it switched drivers for the monitor.

It sounds like a great program but when i tried to install it, all i got was a message saying there's no compatible screens.

I don't know if i made this clear in my previous post but i do believe this is a driver's issue. Also as I've said before, I've had this problem in the past, it's just been so long since I've had to deal with it. Usually i can go to my settings and lower the brightness but the option isn't there. That might be why this problem wouldn't work. Great suggestion though, I'll keep this program in mind if i ever need it the future.

Also I love your Avatar picture. Can never figure out how to get my avatars with moving pics like that.