New PC boot fail?

vamosuk

Hi I recently built a new PC about a week ago, about 1 day in I turned on "Profile 1" for XMP to put the RAM up to 3000. It has been fine for about a week until just now when my computer completely crashed and wouldnt boot without me reverting to completely default settings in BIOS?

Can anyone help me with this issue it would be very appreciated, here is my build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (Purchased For £463.42) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For £61.39) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For £188.36) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For £154.38) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (Purchased For £141.84) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For £65.64) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For £65.64) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB STRIX Video Card  (Purchased For £0.00) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For £79.81) 
Power Supply: BitFenix - Whisper M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For £99.95) 
Case Fan: Fractal Design - GP12-BK 52.3 CFM 120mm Fan  (Purchased For £10.49) 
Case Fan: Fractal Design - GP12-BK 52.3 CFM 120mm Fan  (Purchased For £10.49) 
Total: £1341.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-25 21:45 BST+0100

So everything is working now that the BIOS is back to default settings?

Just now, NinJake said:

So everything is working now that the BIOS is back to default settings?

Well looks it so far I heard a dodgy noise just now, but it seems to be ok. But I literally should be able to turn XMP profile on without any issues surely?

You should be able to turn XMP on because it's an option in your BIOS but... clearly there's something unstable with it. You could try manually setting the different values to try and get your RAM to a faster speed.

What speed is your RAM defaulting to otherwise? 2666?

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

You should be able to turn XMP on because it's an option in your BIOS but... clearly there's something unstable with it. You could try manually setting the different values to try and get your RAM to a faster speed.

What speed is your RAM defaulting to otherwise? 2666?

Believe its 2134 if im honest

Just bumping this quickly to see if anyone has any sort of help? Or if theres a way I can check if it was a one off cos its only happened once

2 hours ago, vamosuk said:

Just bumping this quickly to see if anyone has any sort of help? Or if theres a way I can check if it was a one off cos its only happened once

Could have been a fluke.

Try with stock for a while. If all is good then try xmp again with the latest bios.

It's not a race to the bottom.