iPhone XR Dominates the iPhone Market

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

yeah, cloud storage is stupid expensive. 10TB (I have 24TB of usable storage on my NAS) costs 100$/month, so my NAS is 6 months of cloud storage. Might move to UNraid, but that'd be super confusing (I'm not even that good with ubuntu)

Luckily I am still a student (not luckily really but let's ignore that), so I get Office 365 with 1TB but it has been so buggy for me so I completely ignore that cloud storage, only use the license it for Office. I mean I don't mind paying $2 per month for 100 GB for my Google Drive. I need it and it suits me much, much better than One Drive. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

they can

So can I install Google Drive and drop a .jpg onto my desktop and have it show up on my iPhone? That's what I mean by syncing your desktop. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

In what way? Like Google Drive? Sure that's an option if you like being required to be online to write anything. 

Office is free on Mobile but you get none of the important features. 

LibreOffice

WPS Office

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

So can I install Google Drive and drop a .jpg onto my desktop and have it show up on my iPhone? That's what I mean by syncing your desktop. 

yes unless you decide to uncheck the desktop folder on Drive's sync settings

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

LibreOffice

WPS Office

Lol. Those are also feature capped by paywalls. You can't print with WPS office without paying for example. Or at least that was how it was when I looked at it a couple of years ago. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Last time I checked sync on Apple devices, the stuff on MBP that I synced didn't show on "desktop" of iPad but in the iCloud app in Desktop folder. So same how it's on on Google Drive. 

Anywho, should probably stop derailing this. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

he stuff on MBP that I synced didn't show on "desktop" of iPad but in the iCloud app in Desktop folder.

Yes, because iOS is not a traditional desktop environment. If you had another Mac, it would show up on the desktop. 

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Lol. Those are also feature capped by paywalls. You can't print with WPS office without paying for example. Or at least that was how it was when I looked at it a couple of years ago. 

you going to keep spreading fud?

yes you can print on WPS, the features you received by going premium are stuff like PDF to word conversion, advanced spreadsheet formulas, more cloud storage space etc...

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

you going to keep spreading fud?

Just sharing my experiences. I tried using WPS office to see if it would work for my grandpa. But when I tried to print I couldn’t unless I payed. 

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yes, because iOS is not a traditional desktop environment. If you had another Mac, it would show up on the desktop. 

So, same how Google Drive works then (afaik). Might test it tomorrow, never needed to sync desktops. 

19 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

WPS Office

Yeah but it's Kingsoft/Cheetah mobile, you don't wanna use that app. 

23 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

LibreOffice is 100% free. You can choose to donate to if you want but you don't have to.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Talking in percentages is misleading. I fully expect the iPhone XR to be the largest volume iPhone for Apple, but am also expecting total sales volume to be lower.

I like Apple, I’ve used iPhones for the last 8 years (X atm) and have a 2019 MBP. But I think they missed the boat with their latest line of iPhone’s, the older consumer doesn’t like the gesture based navigation and the entry price is higher.

I expect (and hope for the sake of my stock portfolio) that Apple will fall when they finally report their quarterly earnings.

28 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

older consumer doesn’t like the gesture based navigation and the entry price is higher.

That’s why Apple still offers the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 line. 

As as for your hopes of shorting Apple. I’d switch up your investment strategy. 

8 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Thankfully consumers can try out iPhone XR before they buy it. And in the vast majority, if not the entirety of cases, the average consumer either doesn’t care or simply can’t see the difference. That’s not because consumers are dumb or don’t know any better...it’s because retina is a real thing. Not a marketing gimmick. 

Place an XR next to any S lineup or an X/XS. Screens are noticeable better. Im sick of this "experiment" vs an uncalibrated panel the XR doesnt even compete with. 

37 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Place an XR next to any S lineup or an X/XS. Screens are noticeable better. Im sick of this "experiment" vs an uncalibrated panel the XR doesnt even compete with. 

Shit, just looking at my pixel 2 xl and LG V10 is like night and day. Even my mother wanted my pixel after spending an hour watching netflix on it and she's had an iphone 6 and now has a note 5.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

6 hours ago, floofer said:

But I don’t want or need to save money? That’s why I buy an iPhone.

That doesn't make it reasonable though

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

6 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

That doesn't make it reasonable though

Doesn’t matter it’s my money.

16 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Title is factually incorrect. The real title should be "iPhone XR dominates the iPhone market" and my response to that would be well duh it's the cheapest new iPhone right now and is 80-90% of the XS for $250-300 cheaper..

So true! People just want an iPhone. The cheapest model will be the most sold every time. Apple should just dwarf the smartphone market with a $400 phone. The only thing holding Apple back is the price of their phones. They have a golden opportunity with Android. Android is a disjointed ugly mess. Phones that use EMUI, MIUI etc... give Android a bad rep. 

Notice the title "iPhone XR Dominates the iPhone Market." the title makes a lot of these "Android is better" irrelevant.

To be honest, I would argue for android too.

4 hours ago, Prariedog13 said:

the title makes a lot of these "Android is better" irrelevant.

the title has been edited, it used to say "Iphone xr dominates the phone market". that's where all these arguments come from.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:54 PM, mynameisjuan said:

I do not agree, simply because the average consumer does not see the difference. I'm basing this on personal experience, every day, with both phones XR and the XS side by side..people have a difficult time telling the difference between the 2. 

However, I'll tell you this, if the room they were in wasn't so bright, and they were outside lets say at night, the deep blacks of the OLED screens are MUCH more of a visual tell. In a bright store, with both running demo loops of the same content, a MAJORITY of people can not tell the difference, which is hard to justify the $300 difference in price. 

I'm not disagreeing that the oled screen isn't better...im a HUGE fan of oled. My tv at home is an LG oled, but in the end it comes down to the average person and most people can't tell the difference between QLED from a Samsung or OLED from a LG. However, the 2 have very different panels and look VERY different to a person that might be more familiar with the tech. 

22 hours ago, Prariedog13 said:

Notice the title "iPhone XR Dominates the iPhone Market." the title makes a lot of these "Android is better" irrelevant.

It's as @Medicate says, OP's disingenuous title very specifically pitted one (out of 4) current models of iPhone against hundreds of Android phones in a thinly vailed attempt to say iPhones are better.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

the fact that $750 is considered reasonable these days shows that the phone market has hugely inflated the prices over the last few years The 5c was $200 less, so I don't see how this is the successor to that. Surely the SE is the successor to the 5C? 

Also why is the XR bigger than the XS? Why not make it the same size? Surely making a budget phone smaller, or at the very least the same size, as the flagship, makes sense financially? 

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Light TG 

Plays: Minesweeper at 1000 fps. 

1 minute ago, bradwiggo said:

the fact that $750 is considered reasonable these days shows that the phone market has hugely inflated the prices over the last few years The 5c has $200, so I don't see how this is the successor to that. Surely the SE is the successor to the 5C? 

The 5c retailed for $550/$650. It was $100/$200 on a subsidized contract.

The SE was kind of a 5c, but also not. The XR is outright a cheaper XS/Max; anyone buying it is buying it because it's cheaper (I don't expect that the slight increase in size likely isn't much of a deciding factor). Whereas people (also) opted for the SE because of its small size in addition to its low price.

1 minute ago, bradwiggo said:

Also why is the XR bigger than the XS? Why not make it the same size? Surely making a budget phone smaller, or at the very least the same size, as the flagship, makes sense financially? 

I've honestly never been quite sure why the XR is bigger. Truth be told, if I needed a new phone I might very likely have opted for the XR for its slightly bigger screen (I know I contracted my earlier point, I just don't think that's the norm).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.