[US] Samsung Pro High Endurance MicroSD card, 128GB @$30/35

TVwazhere

I paid $28 for 64gb 5 months ago, so this is almost double the storage for the same price just under 5 months after my purchase! Talk about buyers remorse :D 

Newegg Link, Promo code EMCTYVA37

image.png.38a42b111e5fe2e09517c0026167b7c4.png

Amazon Link ($35 but prime shipping)

Amazon Price History

Why High Endurance?

High endurance memory is for situations like mine where I'm using it in a Dashcam, meaning it can get as hot as 140ºF in the summer time, and the card will be constantly written to (and overwriting itself) for its entire lifespan, sometimes in high FPS, sometimes in high resolution, and very rarely read from. Some Dashcams will actually reject SD cards if they're not rated high enough. 

If you're just looking for more phone storage, Samsung has their EVO series which is around $21 for 128GB (on amazon)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I paid $28 for 64gb 5 months ago, so this is almost double the storage for a few dollars more just under 5 months after my purchase! Talk about buyers remorse :D 

Newegg Link

Amazon Link

Amazon Price History

Why High Endurance?

High endurance memory is for situations like mine where I'm using it in a Dashcam, meaning it can get as hot as 140ºF in the summer time, and the card will be constantly written to (and overwriting itself) for its entire lifespan, sometimes in high FPS, sometimes in high resolution, and very rarely read from. Some Dashcams will actually reject SD cards if they're not rated high enough. 

If you're just looking for more phone storage, Samsung has their EVO series which is around $21 for 128GB (on amazon)

It’s crazy how cheap MicroSD have gotten. 

I think it was 2 years ago I bought a 64gb Sandisk Ultra for close to $60. Now they’re $10 at B&H

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Out of curiosity, do you have a dash cam? If so, which one and how is the quality? I've been thinking of buying one for my wife's car but I don't want potato quality/lag

1 minute ago, DVA said:

Out of curiosity, do you have a dash cam? If so, which one and how is the quality? I've been thinking of buying one for my wife's car but I don't want potato quality/lag

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm using it in a Dashcam,

;) 

I bought mine from Massdrop so I didnt pay that price

image.png.a9491ae3190ffad9278906cb9783ac70.png

This was an upgrade from my Blacksys CH100B-2CH which was 1080p@30 front, 720p@30 rear. The new one is 1080p@60 front and 1080p@30 rear. 

As you can see I bought the "Magic pro hardwire kit" which allows you to hardwire into your car AND set timings for when you want the dashcam to record in a "parking mode" but I didnt care about parking mode and my unit came defective so I bought just a simple hardwire wire with inline fuses off amazon so that the dashcam is only on when the car is on. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25