Synology RT2600ac WiFi Problem

jslowik
Hey All,

I'm just about to toss my 2600 out which is a shame because it's excellent when it works. Anyway, the issue I'm running into is the WiFi will drop data connection every hour or two for a few minutes, but will remain connected to the network. This is across multiple devices from multiple vendors (laptop, cameras, smart speakers, smoke/CO detectors, the works ) on both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz. The actual service is not the issue as wired connections suffer no such issue. Additionally, signal strength isn't an issue as this happens throughout the house, including in the same room as the router itself.

A few months back I suffered from the 5Ghz problem that wast later fixed with a software update. This current one has randomly started on its own within the last few days after having worked without issue since that last update. The device has been power cycled multiple times, and the software has been updated twice to no avail (once through the interface and once manually after downloading the most current update).

Networking isn't my strong suit so I've exhausted basically everything I can think of. If anyone might have some insights I would be forever appreciative.