Can I run a mini display cable to hdmi connected to a 1080p monitor then connect that monitor with a vga to another monitor?

LuckyAsFox

Can I run a mini display cable to hdmi adaptor connected to a 1080p monitor then connect that monitor with a vga cable to another monitor? or instead of vga cable, I can use an HDMI to DVI 

13 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Can I run a mini display cable to hdmi adaptor connected to a 1080p monitor then connect that monitor with a vga cable to another monitor? or instead of vga cable, I can use an HDMI to DVI 

No - not unless it's a very specific monitor that happens to have a passthrough or splitter built-in (the vast majority do not - and the only ones I'm aware of are all Thunderbolt displays).

You need to plug both monitors directly into the computer (or GPU, as it were).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

56 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

No - not unless it's a very specific monitor that happens to have a passthrough or splitter built-in (the vast majority do not - and the only ones I'm aware of are all Thunderbolt displays).

You need to plug both monitors directly into the computer (or GPU, as it were).

but I've only got one port and that's Thunderbolt 2 but I think my monitor does have a spliter. It's a VS278