Windows XP File Transfer from Kindle Fire HD10 to Windows XP

JordenForkKnife

Hello everyone, if someone can help me with this, this would be great.

I have no ethernet, and I have to buy a usb wifi adapter, but I don't have internet yet, so what I need to do is download the files on my tablet, and transfer them to my windows xp so I can install drivers and things. So if someone could help me with this, that would be great. My PC is HP Pavilion 772c

Specs:

2.26 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor

512 MB DDR SDRAM

120 GB Ultra DMA Hard Drive

64 MB SDRAM Nividia GeForce4 MX420 Graphics Card With TV-OUT

DVD-ROM Drive With 16x Max Speed

HP DVD Writer dvd200i (DVD Writer / CD-Writer Combo Drive

5 minutes ago, JordenForkKnife said:

Hello everyone, if someone can help me with this, this would be great.

I have no ethernet, and I have to buy a usb wifi adapter, but I don't have internet yet, so what I need to do is download the files on my tablet, and transfer them to my windows xp so I can install drivers and things. So if someone could help me with this, that would be great. My PC is HP Pavilion 772c

Specs:

2.26 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor

512 MB DDR SDRAM

120 GB Ultra DMA Hard Drive

64 MB SDRAM Nividia GeForce4 MX420 Graphics Card With TV-OUT

DVD-ROM Drive With 16x Max Speed

HP DVD Writer dvd200i (DVD Writer / CD-Writer Combo Drive

Does the kindle have a USB port?  if so can you plug a cable in to it and into your PC and then simple use the kindle as a storage device and copy out the files you need?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well, micro usb but what I am trying to do is plug my charger in and plug it into my pc, it works on my chromebook, and while running linux on my chromebook.

You may need to change the settings in the kindle to make it act as a USB storage device before windows detects it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ok, I have it set to mtp device right now. on my pc it shows MTP Media Player, what do I do now?

OMG OK I GOT IT! Thanks for your help by the way! If you have discord, add me up if u want, TheNinja101YT#6667

(yes my tag is cursed ;-;) Note: I am really hyped lol

I didn't think you would have trouble, after all XP is the first Windows build to automatically detect and install drivers for things.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Wait nvm, I could see my storage on my tablet on my pc, but it is not giving me an option to copy it and paste it

9 hours ago, JordenForkKnife said:

Wait nvm, I could see my storage on my tablet on my pc, but it is not giving me an option to copy it and paste it

Have you been able to transfer individual files yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, also on my chromebook, samsung chromebook 3, what is the hardware ID? it starts with "celes" thats all I remember

You might need to change a setting on your tablet once you connected it to your computer. It should give you a notification, try all options. Look in file explorer to see if it allows you to view all files or just the pictures. When you got it to view all files, go to the downloads folder and copy over the file.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Ok, I will try that when I get home. Dang I also realized your pc specs, they are really good. What pc is it?

2 minutes ago, JordenForkKnife said:

Ok, I will try that when I get home. Dang I also realized your pc specs, they are really good. What pc is it?

I built it myself back in 2014. :) Recently got a free cpu+mobo+ram upgrade (didn't really need it, but can't deny free ;)), and will likely get a new SSD soon (NVMe), so I'll probably update my signature then.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Nice! I am saving up 145$ for a dell optiplex 980, atm im stuck with a chromebook that needs a recovery

2 minutes ago, JordenForkKnife said:

Nice! I am saving up 145$ for a dell optiplex 980, atm im stuck with a chromebook that needs a recovery

$145 for an Optiplex 980... I think that you should be able to get something better for that price (or something similar for a lower price :P). Look around a little more on second hand sites in your country, I'm pretty sure there should be something better around.

Ok Sounds Good, I thought it would be good because its got 8GB Ram, And 3.2 Ghz for the cpu, so it could run fortnite, Im kinda a noob when finding a pc, afterall im only 12 so, its gonna take me a year to get it. What brand do you prefer?

Every PC price I find is WAY too expensive, it sucks, lol, imma just keep saving up, and recover my chromebook, I keep getting an error: Unable to unzip file, please try again. Any fix? (im using the chromebook recovery tool) and my uncle said he might help me out. 

7 minutes ago, JordenForkKnife said:

Ok Sounds Good, I thought it would be good because its got 8GB Ram, And 3.2 Ghz for the cpu, so it could run fortnite, Im kinda a noob when finding a pc, afterall im only 12 so, its gonna take me a year to get it. What brand do you prefer?

Dell is quite good for used second hand PCs, I've got a bunch of them. Looking at it, the Optiplex 980 is slightly better than I expected, but if you could get an Optiplex 990 with a reasonable amount of RAM, you'd still get quite a good upgrade. Do mind though that most of the Optiplexes need LP (low profile) GPUs (half height). You don't necessarily need the bracket (just remove the regular bracket and run it without one), but it does need to be low enough. Generally low profile cards are less powerful and/or more expensive, so getting a good GPU is more difficult. I have a GT 220 and a HD 6750, they work quite well and were cheap, but aren't that powerful. A low profile GTX 750 ti (usually from MSI) or 1050 ti (there's probably a 950 ti or so too) works well too, but price is a factor there.

Unfortunately I do not know much about chromebooks. Unzipping a file does sound like you could perhaps need something like winrar?

With the chromebook, no, it needs to unzip the iso/img file and it isnt working. Also thanks for the update on the optiplex. Also winrar is not available on chromebooks i dont think. I was working my moms dell dimensions 4400 and it kinda needed a low-profile gpu I guess. Maybe we can chat about tech sometime? https://videolink2me.com/o/ca16b718 (I didnt do the video function)