Weird stutter, audio / video lag on new install

Grimm Spector

Hey I just did a Windows (10) reinstall on a working PC that was having some weird issues, install seemed fine. Components are pretty new, specs below.

Ever since the reinstall all other issues are gone, but I'm having this weird stutter or maybe latency, in the audio. It sounds distorted or sometimes slow, briefly, it's not constant, but often every few seconds. It seems to happen on all interfaces, be it the HDMI ports on the graphics card, the optical SPDIF out on the motherboard, of the front panel connector for 3.5 mm audio to the internal audio header.

Videos played in MPC and other apps also seems to lag somewhat, though streaming through PLEX and YouTube seem fine for video, but the audio issue persists. The audio issue also happens with just windows sound effects, or anything, local, or remote. I've tried disabling the NIC on the motherboard to see if that was the issue but it wasn't.

The reinstall occurred due to a blue screen caused by an errant 10 Gb NIC that the driver just didn't seem to play nice. After it was uninstalled the weirdness began, so the reinstall was done. That card is not and has not been in the system since before the reinstallation of Windows 10.

I've tried manually by hand updating all the drivers on the system that weren't as up to date as I could find, I've tried changing the sampling rates, I've tried changing the bit rates, I've tried everything I can think of to fix this and it is driving me nuts. I just want to get back to enjoying content and playing games with my system. The main audio is run into a surround system which I've never had issue with and worked fine on previous PCs and this one up until this point.

There are no spikes in CPU usage, disk usage or memory usage that seem to accompany any of the issues. And when I run the DPC audio latency analyzer it tells me that the system should have no problem with real time audio, though oddly it is yellow and cites audio latency as high as 1000 microseconds average, max 1400, which seems awfully high to me. I also don't see any particular spikes in the latency reading during the playback of any audio or windows sounds. Temperatures on GPU and CPU are fine, idle low in the 30s typically, no overheating issues.

All audio effects/enhancements are off.

Anyone got any suggestions? Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (not overclocked) CPU

ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING Motherboard

32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz, not overclocked, no XMP etc.

Main drive is an NVMe SSD with over 100 GB free

EVGA GeForce 1060 3GB SSC video card

Running in the background typically,

Dropbox

OneDrive

GoogleDrive

Steam

OculusTrayTool

GeForce Experience

I hope someone has some idea, as this is driving me absolutely nuts!