RAID 0 w/Mac Mini mid-2011?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, so please re-direct me if that's the case. Anyways, I recently received a mid-2011 Mac Mini, and I've been doing a bit of research on how to upgrade the HDD. The system itself only has a 500GB 5400RPM drive. On iFixit's teardown page, they sell a kit for about $27 USD that offers a cable to add an additional hard drive to the apparent 'empty space' where the optical drive was omitted from the system. What I want to do is throw in two identical SSDs and RAID 0 them, but i'm reading some conflicting information. Apparently there are people who have done it, but others state that the secondary sata connection (where I would add the cable purchased from iFixit) is a slower connection originally meant for the optical drive. If this is the case, RAID 0 would not be an option because both drives aren't read/writing at the same speed. 

I guess my real question is, how do I find out if my machine would support this configuration without actually buying the drives/upgrade kit and testing it myself?

Honestly dont both with RAID 0 and just get an SSD, the connection for a CD drive is probably SATA 1 which is 150MB/s.

and for a 2011 system your main port will probably be SATA 2 at 300MB/s but possibly SATA 3, depends on how cheap apple wanted to go.

1 minute ago, Snipergod87 said:

Honestly dont both with RAID 0 and just get an SSD

I forgot to mention, I have a 120gb SSD (boot drive) in a usb3 enclosure that's plugged into the back of the machine, however the machine only supports USB2.0. While it operates normally, I would like to be able to achieve the full speeds of SSD, but If I have to open the machine to install one, I might as well install two for shits and giggles. 240GB SSD are going for like $30 USD now anyways.