CPU temps quite high after motherboard upgrade

So I’ve recently upgraded my old ASU’s prime a320-m motherboard to an ASU’s prime b450 plus motherboard and my cpu, which is a ryzen 5 2600x with a stock cooler, seems to get really high temps at 50-60 degrees at idle in the bios. The cpu fan is also incredibly loud running on average at about 2700-2800 rpm. I’m just confused as to what to do so any help would be appreciated 

Make sure fan connector is plugged into CPU Fan Header and not the pump header or any other SYS Fan Header on the motherboard, make sure it is seated correctly and make sure you applied enough thermal paste, or as Mira put it, replaced it at all.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Silly question: Did you replace the thermal paste?

Yes I replaced the pre applied thermal paste with noctua nt-h2 thermal paste, removing the old paste from the cpu and putting on about a pea sized blob 

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Make sure fan connector is plugged into CPU Fan Header and not the pump header or any other SYS Fan Header on the motherboard, make sure it is seated correctly and make sure you applied enough thermal paste, or as Mira put it, replaced it at all.

Yes the fan is connected to the cpu header and I applied new thermal paste, yet the temps before the upgrade were a lot more reasonable 

The only other thing I could think of is voltage or power as I did go from a 4pin cpu power header to an 8pin one 

This is my current hardware stuff that is happening at the moment if anyone is curious 

6CCB21C5-F9C2-4B40-9FE9-1DCD00350605.jpeg

Also should the voltage be fluctuating? Because it goes from about 1.4-1.48 (and everything inbetween) at random intervals 

Just now, Doddsy7 said:

Yes the fan is connected to the cpu header and I applied new thermal paste, yet the temps before the upgrade were a lot more reasonable 

Check how well it's seated, I'd personally take it off, clean off the thermal paste, reapply and make sure it's seated correctly and as snug as possible. Usually reseating the cooler can fix that type of issue. I don't think under powering the CPU can cause thermals to rise, usually it will just crash. But if it is an 8-pin connection and you're only using a 4 pin that could cause some issues if you're drawing a lot of power while gaming or want to overclock.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Check how well it's seated, I'd personally take it off, clean off the thermal paste, reapply and make sure it's seated correctly and as snug as possible. Usually reseating the cooler can fix that type of issue. I don't think under powering the CPU can cause thermals to rise, usually it will just crash. But if it is an 8-pin connection and you're only using a 4 pin that could cause some issues if you're drawing a lot of power while gaming or want to overclock.

No it is currently an 8pin in an 8pin but it used to be a 4pin in a 4pin because my psu has a 4+4 pin cpu connector, but I’ll try reapplying thermal paste now and update you if anything happens 

6 minutes ago, Doddsy7 said:

Also should the voltage be fluctuating? Because it goes from about 1.4-1.48 (and everything inbetween) at random intervals 

1.4 volts for stock Ryzen? That's rather high, no wonder it's hot. Turn that down for sure.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Looks like a mix of insufficient mounting pressure and too high voltage..

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

1.4 volts for stock Ryzen? That's rather high, no wonder it's hot. Turn that down for sure.

wierd for it to be running that in BIOS aswel.......

Just now, GekkePietert said:

1,4 - 1,48V is a very high voltage for ryzen.

its not uncommon for XFR to do this when its idle, and that is usually fine, but in BIOS?

19 minutes ago, Doddsy7 said:

So I’ve recently upgraded my old ASU’s prime a320-m motherboard to an ASU’s prime b450 plus motherboard and my cpu, which is a ryzen 5 2600x with a stock cooler, seems to get really high temps at 50-60 degrees at idle in the bios. The cpu fan is also incredibly loud running on average at about 2700-2800 rpm. I’m just confused as to what to do so any help would be appreciated 

Have you checked the VCore between the old and new board?
I know that on my ASUS X370-F Strix the Power Consumption is around 15-20W than the other two Boards.

That's something to keep in mind.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Right so after reinstalling the cpu and the fan with new paste and everything, the cpu fan has gone wayyyy down in speed and the temps are slightly lower (literally 1-4 degrees lower), so should I still lower the voltage? And if so what to

And also how do you do that. I’m still relatively new to pc gaming and I don’t know what I’m doing like 70% of the time 

12 minutes ago, Majestic said:

That board has a lot of "boost" features that raise voltage a lot. You should disable the PBO and multicore enhancements etc. 

How do you disable these features? I can’t find them in the bios settings 

3 minutes ago, Doddsy7 said:

How do you disable these features? I can’t find them in the bios settings 

Ill get back at you tomorrow, I'm going to bed now. However, my system is using a 2600X also but i'm under heavy thermal constraints in a ITX system. So I tried my best to get the voltage as low as possible without influencing boost. I get about 4-4.05ghz boost with a 92mm ITX cooler. You should atleast be able to drop it to about 1.28-1,3V. Unless you really want to hit 4.2ghz. 

You can set SOC voltage to 1.1V and probably even lower.  I'd imagine you won't need 1.1V, but it will be enough to run.  Leaving it on Auto undoubtedly means you're running higher than 1.1V on SOC.  Also I imagine you can set an offset on your VCORE voltage so I would start with a negative offset of .05V and work your way to a larger offset until you find it becomes unstable and then back it off.  I wouldn't be surprised if you can use a negative offset closer to .1000V.

And update your BIOS.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Right idk but my motherboard lacks features in the ai tweaker section such as the way to set docp and stuff so I have no idea what is going on, and also I set my windows plan to balanced mode and now the voltage massively fluctuates from 1.34v to as high as 1.48v, I have no idea how to set a fixed value and would appreciate some help