Stuttering hard in all games - please help.

MatthiasLundgaard

Hey anyone who watch this post.

I'm experiencing alot of stuttering in all games. 

Example: Battlefield 5 (ultra/high) some times it dibs from 130fps down to 0/1 fps for half a second. frequently.

I have a ryzen 7 2700x "stock cooler" - 2070 RTX card - 16gb ram 3200mhz - 1100 watt power supply.
So first i thought it could be heating issues, but the cpu is only at 50-60 celcius.

Can anyone help?

GPU temp?

latest drivers? Especially GPU and chipset drivers

Main system "Kethlon":

Core i7 3820 - Intel Desktop Board DX79TO - 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Dual channel - EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC - EVGA 550 B3 - PNY 120GB SSD (boot),WD Blue 1TB (Mass Storage)

See profile for full specs

Primary Laptop "Vengeance":

HP HDX16 1370US - Intel Core2Duo P8700 - 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM Samsung - HGST 1TB 7200RPM (Windows 7, Linux, MacOS 10.11.6) - Nvidia GT 130M 1GB DDR2

Downed Laptop "Xarasky":

MacBookPro3,1 - Core2Duo T7700 - 4GB DDR2 RAM 667MHz - Nvidia 8600M GT 256MB VRAM - 640GB HDD (MacOS and Windows)

Testing laptop #1 "Leonard":

HP 15 F387WM - AMD A8 7410 APU - 8GB DDR3 Samsung RAM 1600MHz - AMD Radeon R5 graphics (1GB VRAM partitioned out of physical RAM) - 500GB WD Blue mobile drive

On 4/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, MatthiasLundgaard said:

GPU temps is 53 celcius
Yes to both. even just updated nvidia today for MK11

Monitoring load on GPU, CPU, and RAM? power saving modes enabled?

Does this happen on other games and benchmarks?

Main system "Kethlon":

Core i7 3820 - Intel Desktop Board DX79TO - 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Dual channel - EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC - EVGA 550 B3 - PNY 120GB SSD (boot),WD Blue 1TB (Mass Storage)

See profile for full specs

Primary Laptop "Vengeance":

HP HDX16 1370US - Intel Core2Duo P8700 - 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM Samsung - HGST 1TB 7200RPM (Windows 7, Linux, MacOS 10.11.6) - Nvidia GT 130M 1GB DDR2

Downed Laptop "Xarasky":

MacBookPro3,1 - Core2Duo T7700 - 4GB DDR2 RAM 667MHz - Nvidia 8600M GT 256MB VRAM - 640GB HDD (MacOS and Windows)

Testing laptop #1 "Leonard":

HP 15 F387WM - AMD A8 7410 APU - 8GB DDR3 Samsung RAM 1600MHz - AMD Radeon R5 graphics (1GB VRAM partitioned out of physical RAM) - 500GB WD Blue mobile drive

2 minutes ago, MatthiasLundgaard said:

GPU temps is 53 celcius
Yes to both. even just updated nvidia today for MK11

Have you updated the bios anytime recently? I've had some issues where an outdated bios has caused issues with performance. I personally would just make sure everything you can update is up to date and see if there are any background apps hogging the performance, you can disable Windows 10 background apps in the settings, I'd just monitor task manager while in-game and see if any programs spike up in usage around when your experiencing the drops just to rule out any other program causing them.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

It happens in every game..
I didnt set up the pc. so i dont know anything about it ?

Udklip.PNG

Okay, imma just try that, and test and see if there is anything there! ?
And also i updated the bios because i thought that could be the problem still same thing. you guys think its something set in the bios maybe?

Nothing seems to take up the perfomance. no program making the % go up except for the game it self.
Any sugestions guys? by the way thanks for trying so far! ?

It's most definitely got to be the Ryzen. I have a 2600 and sometimes in games around 10 frames would freeze in a row. In worst case scenario maybe a whole second or two would freeze. I have had PSU upgrade, more RAM added, an HDD replaced too. None of those affected the freezing in games. Normal use, I don't notice it freeze. For games, CSGO is just crazy on how much it freezes and for how long. It typically would freeze around the round end time, and half point times, so maybe something to do with the servers. Apex would freeze the same as well ocassionally. Both source engine games mind you. It kind of depends on the game that is running and it's resource usages as to how much it freezes and how often. Tbh I just got used to it. lol. Try setting your pc to High peformance power plan and do stuff on it for 60mins and not how often it freezes and how much. It works for me sometimes.

This guy talks good stuff

The wierd part with that is, its in every game on any quality settings, he says you just have to lower game quality? ?

Still haven't fixed the issue, anyone got suggestions?
maybe something with bios settings maybe?

11 hours ago, MatthiasLundgaard said:

Go to the bios, (start the computer and press F2 or Delete until it shows) then look at the top for “QFan Control” and on the left push “Optimize All” and let it do its thing. If it still does it, it shouldn’t be a cooling issue as the stock cooler is good enough and shouldn’t make it throttle that hard, assuming the cooler is installed the right way.

11 hours ago, MatthiasLundgaard said:

After that, run a game and then push “Control-Shift-Esc” and at the top go to “performance” and tell me what the clock speed is and the CPU usage.

I hope you can see the information on the pictures. It still seems to accure tho. ? 
Could it maybe be the HDD where the games lay on maybe, or a setting in bios maybe?

Again thanks for helping so far

58729821_1896722627101015_3991920901879758848_n.jpg

58378523_436335690463078_8324081914583449600_n.jpg

59138285_435938183861789_6944498699250696192_n.jpg

58377485_2355030681442468_2730201239940759552_n.jpg

18 hours ago, CoopNubbit said:

After that, run a game and then push “Control-Shift-Esc” and at the top go to “performance” and tell me what the clock speed is and the CPU usage.

I have listed the photo's you asked for ?

19 minutes ago, MatthiasLundgaard said:

I have listed the photo's you asked for ?

Does it just happen in online games?

(And btw don’t feel bad about your choice of AMD Ryzen, i have the same cpu you have and it works great! Almost as much as Intel chips.)

On 4/28/2019 at 3:46 AM, CoopNubbit said:

Does it just happen in online games?

(And btw don’t feel bad about your choice of AMD Ryzen, i have the same cpu you have and it works great! Almost as much as Intel chips.)

Nope, in all games it seems, maybe the guy who build it overclocked something in bios? cause i cant find anything when inside of windows?
Maybe you have a way for me to check my bios through? i have this motherboard - asus rog strix x470-f gaming

Im very happy for my Ryzen, but these lag spikes has been killing the enjoyment a bit ?

18 hours ago, MatthiasLundgaard said:

Nope, in all games it seems, maybe the guy who build it overclocked something in bios? cause i cant find anything when inside of windows?
Maybe you have a way for me to check my bios through? i have this motherboard - asus rog strix x470-f gaming

Im very happy for my Ryzen, but these lag spikes has been killing the enjoyment a bit ?

Could you try to use a different HDMI cable or DisplayPort cable? And make sure the HDMI cable is pushed in all the way as those can wiggle even when plugged in.

5 hours ago, CoopNubbit said:

Could you try to use a different HDMI cable or DisplayPort cable? And make sure the HDMI cable is pushed in all the way as those can wiggle even when plugged in.

Nothing different.. any other suggetions?

19 hours ago, MatthiasLundgaard said:

Nothing different.. any other suggetions?

Try turning FreeSync off in your control panel for your GPU. if it IS off, turn it on. and turn off VSync in games. DO NOT have VSYNC on when Freesync is enabled. (wont hurt your pc but it will stutter more.) so try FreeSync on with vsync off in games. if that doesnt help, try the other way around.