Strange Issues

mac30001

Hey guys, so I’m having a few different issues with my PC right now, could really use a hand.

The first issue is when I have 2 monitors setup. I have a main monitor that is an ultra wide, however my TV is above and I use this as a 2nd monitor occasionally. The issue is, when windows has the display set to extended, and the TV is turned off, my main display keeps randomly going black and cutting out, audio still works, I can click things, but it keeps blacking our for half a second a few times a minute. It’s really hard to explain but when I go into settings and set it to only display on monitor one everything is fine. I just want to be able to use the main monitor, and when I switch my TV to the HDMI the PC is plugged into it works. Without having to keep changing the display settings.

My second issue is playing 4K. My setup had a 6700k and a GTX 1080, all I am trying to do is play 4K videos on the TV. However when they play they keep stuttering and are laggy. I have plex setup but the network isn’t fast enough to steam the 4K so I have to downscale to HD. I just can’t work out why it is lagging, I am playing on VLC, have tried re installing, changing settings to all the suggested options, nothing has worked.

I love my PC it’s just really starting to frustrate me now so could really use a hand 

Hope someone can help ?

My name on everything is mac300010 but I messed up making my account on here so mac30001 it is B|

It sounds like when you turn off your TV, your PC is still trying to identify it which is causing your main screen to turn off for a few seconds constantly. When you turn off your TV, do you completely cut the power or simply put it to sleep?

I turn it off with Alexa usually or the remote to put it on standby, so it’s not fully off. Could that be the issue ?, and if so any idea how I could fix this, or would I have to have the TV turn completely off all the time 

My name on everything is mac300010 but I messed up making my account on here so mac30001 it is B|