Nexus 6p for 200 Singapore Dollar. (used) is it worth it?

mrchow19910319

Had my eyes on a nexus 6p.

200 S$, good condition. 

https://sg.carousell.com/p/google-nexus-6p-handphone-224343745/?ref=search&ref_query=nexus 6p&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%2F%3Fquery%3Dnexus%206p&ref_reqId=geTrmLGsXJc2Yua0saZwZMPZgjZtg43B

Does it get the latest version of android? Do you guys think that it is worth it? 

I can sell my iphone SE at around S$150. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

google already ended software support for Nexus devices. but i think the mod/xda community is pretty active on Nexus devices, if you know how to flash you could get a fairly recent custom ROM going. in terms of phone itself, pretty good. the top and bottom bezels are pretty large nowadays but the front speakers are pretty good. the visor could be a potential failure point, i heard of some 6P just spontaneously breaking visor

Two 6p devices have got so hot it bricked itself on both. A year apart but both had the same issue.

Battery aside... The Chipset heat output.

Bootlooping...

Reflashed A Fix which Disables the performance cores leaving only the 4x slow ones and it was usable for another 6 months or so on each then they both finally died again Bootlooping with the fix applied, declocked everything down prior....

Australia Summers though...

I'd get a Note5/Mate9/More Recent phone..

I loved my N6P's,..It's my alltime fav media watching phone as well..2560x1440p 60fps Youtube, PubGMobile ran at 50% (720p) scale Balanced medium no shadows 45fps after 10mins at 50-55fps initially but it does get hot...I easily saw 50+*c battery and over that a little bit more with CPU temps.

Glass was very warm,.. I'd imagine a 'fairly' warm humid summer climate would fare pretty badly with a 6P Chipset.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz