How to migrate os, games,etc from a HDD to an SSD

So i have been helping a not very tech savvy friend install and set up his new SSD to help with his boot times and his game loading times. So far I've gotten the SSD installed with him but i don't have a software i can use to migrate the files etc, i have tried the Adata file transfer software but he couldn't figure out how to get it to work (as i said he's not very tech savvy) so can you guys suggest me some programs that aren't viruses/scams? Thanks!

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

18 minutes ago, zombieshy_guy81 said:

So i have been helping a not very tech savvy friend install and set up his new SSD to help with his boot times and his game loading times. So far I've gotten the SSD installed with him but i don't have a software i can use to migrate the files etc, i have tried the Adata file transfer software but he couldn't figure out how to get it to work (as i said he's not very tech savvy) so can you guys suggest me some programs that aren't viruses/scams? Thanks!

Clonezilla

Norton GHOST

Acronis TruImage (I think that's what it's called)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Paragon hard disk manager 16, install it onto the OS, run it, expert tab, click on the drive (not the partition) you which to copy, select copy disk, follow the prompts, untick simulation mode.

When thats done, turn off the pc and unplug the old hdd. Boot PC.

oOnce its all tested and working, plug the old hdd back in, make sure it doesnt boot to it in the bios, use paragon which is now on the ssd to format the hdd.

Uninstall paragon.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Clonezilla

Norton GHOST

Acronis TruImage (I think that's what it's called)

Basic cloning tools will not work well on modern uefi systems, ssds store data differently to hard drives and raw copies can lead to performance issues.

What's the capacity of these drives? moving a partition to a drive smaller than it will be a lesson in pain. 

If same sizes, check out Macrium Reflect. It's dead simple. If not, robocopy the data over and install the apps fresh. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

7 hours ago, TrigrH said:

Basic cloning tools will not work well on modern uefi systems, ssds store data differently to hard drives and raw copies can lead to performance issues.

Never had issues with Norton GHOST. Can't speak for the others though I know they come recommended.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.