Here we go again, Mortal Kombat XI, another game build around ridiculous grind and microtransactions

Bouzoo
17 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

It's like the game doesn't even have them. Fun fact, dmc4 had them a decade ago and literally no one noticed. I know I didn't. 

absolutely, there was never a need for microtransaction in the first place....besides its a single player game

8 hours ago, Emberstone said:

If it was "more like HOURS than days," why wasn't this shit address before release? AAA companies disgust me these days.

Its haggling, you start with a really bad offer, and then you try and meet in the middle. The goal is to find the optimum amount of shit gamers are willing to swallow.

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole OP, so can some gentle soul please just tell me:

Is this P2W in multiplayer as well, or just in singleplayer challenge stuff? 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

P2W single player.  But, I think you might be able to abuse it in MP.  Kinda hard to tell when the game crashes, the gaming crashing can crash your computer, and several servers crashing.

Doesn't sound promising. Guess I'll wait a month or two to see what else they do and how successful it is on Steam before I consider dishing out the $$$. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

14 hours ago, Emberstone said:

If it was "more like HOURS than days," why wasn't this shit address before release? AAA companies disgust me these days.

Of course, this may vary a bit. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

There is little achievement in modern games.

Gamers used to have to put in the skill/time to unlock (rare) things in games. Now you can just buy them.

I love being able to show off a hard to earn unlock in a game so when others see it you get that kudos.

If you can just buy it, then it totally devalues any achievement and peoplejust assume you bought it rather than earned it. you get scorned rather than praised.