what are the diffrences of this two modems?

patriciadiaz1919

What the differents from  Arris SURFboard SB8200 vs Netgear Nighthawk CM1100 modem 3.1?

I have Netgear nighthawk wifi router gift from Comcast for using there 3.1 modems as I was maybe upgrading to the NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 12-Stream AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router.

Are all of them fanless as my internet one have fan runs all day and very hot.

https://heavy.com/tech/2018/10/best-docsis-3-1-modem/

image.png.b66a0c4b1edc7025d7237006296a87c9.png

I know the SB8200 is fanless as I used to have it and I'm pretty sure the Netgear is as well. I can't seem to really find any differences between the two since they have pretty much the same specs so maybe the different LED displays compared to the Arris but that's about it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I know the SB8200 is fanless as I used to have it and I'm pretty sure the Netgear is as well. I can't seem to really find any differences between the two since they have pretty much the same specs so maybe the different LED displays compared to the Arris but that's about it.

I see this on their website the sb8200 does not say yes or no as some say it may come on an update as at least Netgear have this it there.

image.png.61ceee6dd39ddad3a4f0501c12429513.png

5 minutes ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

I see this on their website the sb8200 does not say yes or no as some say it may come on an update as at least Netgear have this it there.

The site you linked mentioned both have it coming in a future update. Netgear is probably in the same boat but are advertising it that it's ready, just needs firmware to push down to enable it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

16 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The site you linked mentioned both have it coming in a future update. Netgear is probably in the same boat but are advertising it that it's ready, just needs firmware to push down to enable it.

Does owning your modem fix any bugs as mine some times randomly stop working then some minute later internet works.

Just now, patriciadiaz1919 said:

Does owning your modem fix any bugs as mine some times randomly stop working then some minute later internet works.

It can help, yes, but it's not a guaranteed fix and depends on what's causing the problems. If rebooting the modem fixes it then replacing it with something else can fix it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

see this on their website the sb8200 does not say yes or no as some say it may come on an update as at least Netgear have this it there.

Its going to be a long while before you need to use that feature. Cable Providers still have shit Upload, I highly doubt we will see above 1 Gbps any time soon. But yeah,  you will have to wait for your cable provider to push the new firmware down to the modem. 

2 hours ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

Yes and No. Many times the Gateways given to you buy your ISP is shit. Maybe its an older model or its just under powered garbage. BUT some times you have signal issues. These can be caused by interference on the line, for example a bad wire or connector could allow RF interference from broadcast TV or Cellular signals to penetrate the cable system, causing issues. So if you have signal problems then you need to fix that issue. Keep in mind not all ISP's do well with customer owned modems. Ive heard of some that will allow them, but wont provide ANY support at all. While other ISP's like Xfinity for example has a list of Retail modems that will work and they even have tested these modems on their network and provide updates, oh yeah, some ISP's wont update customer owned modems. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.