drop down window message...

johnyb98

Hi dear members.

For the youtube channels I have subscribed, whenever a new video/reply comment uploads, when I am connected to the internet in my Android tablet, a drop down window message appears informing me. Is it possible the same window to drop for my Facebook account for a new fb message, notification?

Thank you!

Thank you for the reply. Could this be done without facebook app installed?

Thank you for the reply. Could this be done without facebook app installed?

No. the drop down information panels you're referring to are called Notifications. They can only be displayed in that area by applications that are installed on the device. AND - here's a kicker - if you want notifications for your messages in addition to your regular notifications, you need to install Facebook's Messenger app AS WELL as the Facebook app.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

These are great information you give, and thank you!! The reason I gave you the answer I gave, is because I did not want to install each app for every forum I want a notification to come up. Exactly what I would ask in the sequel, and with you answer, you covered me 100%. Great answer.

It is obvious that youtube app is already installed in tablet software, and notifications come up.

And please, another question for the subject. If somebody has two google accounts, and wants for both accounts Notifications to appear, could this be done at the same time, and without login-logout for each account? As far as I know, for a specific device, e.g. tablet, in youtube app, only one account could be logged in. Is it possible?

2 minutes ago, johnyb98 said:

If somebody has two google accounts, and wants for both accounts Notifications to appear, could this be done at the same time, and without login-logout for each account? As far as I know, for a specific device, e.g. tablet, in youtube app, only one account could be logged in. Is it possible?

Yes this is true to an extent - however, if you use Gmail on your device, and you have the two Google accounts signed into your Gmail app, then anytime you get an important Youtube notification, those also get forwarded to your email and therefore will give you a notification via the Gmail app. You are correct that you cannot have multiple accounts signed into Youtube at once, but Gmail emails will give you notifications for both accounts assuming you have them both configured within the Gmail app.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

So, YouTube notifications will be sent from youtube app for one account only.

The solution is to login the second mail account to Gmail app, and get for the second account notifications via Gmail app.

You say via Gmail app, I will get notifications. It works exactly like youtube app? I will get YouYube notifications I am subscribed, or I will get notifications for every new mail message too?