1920x1080 with a 2160 x3480 4k monitor?

Vance44

So I know it has been said that you should match your monitors do you want the exact same specs and exact same resolution for best results ...

I'm not looking the game on two monitors or even video edit onto monitors at the same time but what I'm wondering is if I run duel monitors one for gaming and one for video editing and the other for simple tasks like email and websurfing 

Would I be able to get away with using two different monitors two different brands two different resolutions? 

Why not? Do you have a graphics card?

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

Yes a 2070 RTX to be exact 

I don't know that much about running dual monitors I've never done it before but I have heard and seen in reviews people say but it isn't really going to work unless you're running the exact same resolution on both monitors? 

I could see where that would be true if you're trying to run the same game on both monitors but I'm not trying to use two monitors for one program I want to run all of my normal tasks on one monitor so I don't have to keep closing out of programs I can just view it on another

Hopefully that makes sense and you get what I'm trying to say? Lol

If you're just going to run programs on one monitor at a time (and not try to stretch them across both) then two monitors with different resolutions will work just fine. 

Yeah I'm not trying to stretch one program over to monitors..... I'm glad you were understanding what I was trying to ask lol....

I just get tired of having to close out one program so that I can refer back to reading and article or researching something for the current project I'm working on it would help make a lot less hassle  

These are the two monitors I'm looking at I figured anything 4K will be better than my current 1920 by 1080 monitor... Keeping it cheap because I don't necessarily want to spend $500 to $1,000 on a monitor I don't need anything that great in fancy..

but if you want to check it out and let me know what you think I would like your opinion

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ue590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?skuId=5484022

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-uj59-series-u32j590uqn-32-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor-dark-gray-blue/6293716.p?skuId=6293716

It’s perfectly fine, I’m running such a setup

the only annoyance is that when you move browser tabs from 1 screen to the other it will resize according to the resolution 

I run a 3440x1440 ultra wide with a 1080p monitor on the side and I notice no issues.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

I'm trying to do some shopping around almost wondering if it would be better to stick with the same resolution and find something that just runs at a higher refresh rate but most of them nowadays all runs at 60

I found a few cheap 4K monitors The resolution is better but I found a few that the resolution isn't there but the refresh rate is higher and they're more expensive than the 4K's

Decisions decisions?