What music service do you use?

Legolessed
1 hour ago, rice guru said:

That's why I like Spotify I used to listen to alot of indie and alternative rock but found myself enjoying a lot of older hip hop like Mf doom , nugabe's , or stuff from dj Honda and realized I might also be a hip hop head . And didn't know where to start for.newer hip hop and Spotify's exploration and recommendations are too good. Found some new alternative bands and also a lot of newer more popular rappers that I really enjoy plus I still have my old music cause Spotify has almost everyone I used to listen to anyway

Spotify is very good for having lots of all sorts of music, great amount of genres on spotify, just the quality could be better, even a high res streaming package for like 4 dollars more than premium would be nice with 44.1 khz or somethin.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

52 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Spotify is very good for having lots of all sorts of music, great amount of genres on spotify, just the quality could be better, even a high res streaming package for like 4 dollars more than premium would be nice with 44.1 khz or somethin.

most of the music I tend to listen on spotify dont really benefit from lossless anyway. hip hop producers dont really care to master their music to the extent where higher bitrates and lossless matter. but when I do wann alisten to nujabes or regina spektor or joe hiashi I will pull out my flacs. 

Just now, rice guru said:

most of the music I tend to listen on spotify dont really benefit from lossless anyway. hip hop producers dont really care to master their music to the extent where higher bitrates and lossless matter. but when I do wann alisten to nujabes or regina spektor or joe hiashi I will pull out my flacs. 

Yep some music really doesnt need flac, but stuff that was mastered really well like "xx by the xx" and daft punk random access memories really benefits from flac, even tho i have both those albums on vinyl. also stuff like the bee gees and the beatles really benefits from flac, its like mainstream music doesnt need good files xd (mind most people use apple earpods and beats so..)

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

Yep some music really doesnt need flac, but stuff that was mastered really well like "xx by the xx" and daft punk random access memories really benefits from flac, even tho i have both those albums on vinyl. also stuff like the bee gees and the beatles really benefits from flac, its like mainstream music doesnt need good files xd (mind most people use apple earpods and beats so..)

I mean you can only do so much with the same electronic high hat and bass kick. and a lot of producers use beats to master their beats anyway and it really shows in the quality of the music. 

I mean you can only do so much with the same electronic high hat and bass kick. and a lot of producers use beats to master their beats anyway and it really shows in the quality of the music. 

True, when the beatboxes were super popular in the 1980's studios used them to master audio. no point in making music sound good on big expensive monitors if it sounds garbage to the consumer.. thats why i love vinyl mastered at abbey road studios.. just look at the mastering room..

Feature2-770x470.jpg

I use spotify premium (I bought premium because I needed offline songs as I was using too much data) but before on desktop I used the Spotify app with a sporify adblocker called Ez Blocker, worked perfectly fine for me in most cases (have 1 PC it didn't work on but anyways. I upgraded recently and holly fucking shit does spotify hate me now, I can only downlload on my phone (the 2 laptops I have tried to download onto doesn't accept it) and my main laptop won't even play a full song it will get 5s through one then pause and never unpause....)Works fine on my phone mind sooo still worth it for me as I listen to ALOT of music like 12+ hours a day

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

7 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

True, when the beatboxes were super popular in the 1980's studios used them to master audio. no point in making music sound good on big expensive monitors if it sounds garbage to the consumer.. thats why i love vinyl mastered at abbey road studios.. just look at the mastering room..

Feature2-770x470.jpg

personally not the biggest fan of vynil. its doesn't sound any better to me often worse than lossless . but thats my ears but i get you. a lot of old hip hop even was mastered bettter than what we have now. 

personally love the biggest fan of vynil. its doesn't sound any better to me often worse than lossless . but thats my ears but i get you. a lot of old hip hop even was mastered bettter than what we have now. 

I just love pure analogue sound, from source to my ears all my stuff is analogue. tube phono preamp to the tube pre and the vinyl

I also use Spotify Premium, having used google play music, pandora, and even tried to use youtube but even just locking your phone stops playback which is uber annoying. Spotify Premium is by far the best in my opinion. Never had an issue, you can download your playlists for offline playback, like road trips and such where service is spotty or camping up on the mountain if that's something you do lol. Plus they get almost every new album for every artist they have one release day, so you always have access to the newest songs and albums from pretty much every artist.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I pay for Spotify, Tidal, and Google Play Music. 

Spotify is nice because you can use playlists that other people have made, including your friends, etc. I don't know of any other streaming service that does this.

Tidal is cool because they have really high quality music videos, and I guess their hifi streaming is cool too. But, they have a somewhat limited selection of songs, and I don't like their interface very much, so they're my least used service (and I pay the most for it - I'm gonna go cancel that..)

Google play music is awesome because it has the widest selection of music, and you can upload anything in your personal collection that may not be on the service (up to about 10,000 songs, iirc) so you can really listen to anything you want, anywhere. 

I honestly use Spotify the most, but that's because my friends are generally far better at curating music than I am. If there were a social aspect to google play music, I would definitely use that. Also, the google play music membership gives you youtube premium for free, so you can watch youtube without ads if you don't already.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I am a bad bad person.

Image result for deezloader

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Tidal Hi-Fi, before that i used Deezer.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

4 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Tidal Hi-Fi

but why?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On 4/26/2019 at 4:51 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

but why?

Tidal streams Flacs instead of MP3s, its worth it for my setup.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 4/26/2019 at 8:51 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

but why?

FLAC. just better quality, higher bit depth and sampling rate.

I have a subscription to YouTube Music and a subscription to a regional streaming service (included in my cell plan), but I rarely use either. I prefer to have a physical library, with both CDs, records and cassette tapes.

Streaming services have a bad tendency to remove music from their service, and I wouldn't want that to happen to me. There's also a lot of artists that I listen to that can't be found on streaming platforms.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

18 hours ago, Volbet said:

Streaming services have a bad tendency to remove music from their service, and I wouldn't want that to happen to me. There's also a lot of artists that I listen to that can't be found on streaming platforms.

And that right there is why I stopped using Spotify, resorted to less honest solutions for a while, and buy albums when I can afford it. Spotify has either never had, or has removed, almost half of the collection of 2 of my favorite bands, Judas Priest and Annihilator. Some other bands I listen to, they might have ALL the releases a band has ever done, including all the compilations (waste of space imo) and live albums. 

I buy from Google Music nowadays as Amazon has shut out customers from countries Amazon don't operate in, or at least for me in Norway, iTunes is awful IMO and there are no local solutions for buying MP3 files, and buying actual CD's here is twice as expensive as Google Music. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Apple Music for me. I've found everything I've wanted to listen to, and very happy with it so far. Plus, it's free for me! ?

On 4/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, Volbet said:

16 hours ago, Lauen said:

And that right there is why I stopped using Spotify, resorted to less honest solutions for a while, and buy albums when I can afford it. Spotify has either never had, or has removed, almost half of the collection of 2 of my favorite bands, Judas Priest and Annihilator.

Spotify doesn't remove anything because they want to - they remove things because the distributors & record labels don't understand how to provide music to consumers. Exclusivity deals and limited-time releases are NOT how you provide a service to the consumer.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 5/1/2019 at 8:48 AM, kirashi said:

Spotify doesn't remove anything because they want to - they remove things because the distributors & record labels don't understand how to provide music to consumers. Exclusivity deals and limited-time releases are NOT how you provide a service to the consumer.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/08/16/spotify-remove-neo-nazi/

Think of their decision what you will, but this decision was all on Spotify.

This also doesn't chnage my argument. It doesn't matter who's deciding to remove material from streaming services, all that matters is that it's removed. That doesn't happen if you buy the CD. My local record store and Sony BMG isn't gonna bust down my door and confiscate my physical copy just becuase they got into a disagreement. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes