Any 4K monitors that can overclock at a lower resolution?

Yellowpanda

Hi guys, so I'm looking for a 4K monitor that can overclock to at least 100hz when it's at a lower resolution (For example 1080p or 1440p). I don't have the money to buy a 120- or 144hz 4K monitor, however I want to play games at high framerates and watch movies and other things at high resolutions. Are there any monitors that can do such thing? If not, what's the next best thing you can recommend? 

Just now, Alexsolo said:

Whats your budget?

You can find 144hz monitors that run at 1080p natively for around $150-200 USD...

Overclocking a monitor isn't possible, you can change the predefined settings if it's built to support those refresh rates or resolutions. 

My budget is probably around $800 AUD. As for overclocking a monitor I can overclock it using NVidia settings with my TV from 60hz to 75hz, but I can't notice much of a difference so I'm looking for one that can do 100hz if it's possible.

2 minutes ago, Sychic said:

Downscaling a 4k monitor will make everything look like mush with or without anti-aliasing.

How so? It seems fine to me when I play lower res versions (in windowed mode) of games on my current monitor. It's a 4K monitor however it's an Acer XB280HK and so I can't overclock it or change the native resolution.

1 minute ago, Yellowpanda said:

How so? It seems fine to me when I play lower res versions (in windowed mode) of games on my current monitor. It's a 4K monitor however it's an Acer XB280HK and so I can't overclock it or change the native resolution.

From what I understand, you're just merging some pixels together to simulate a lower resolution. Might be really weird if you won't have the right aspect ratio

1 minute ago, Sychic said:

From what I understand, you're just merging some pixels together to simulate a lower resolution. Might be really weird if you won't have the right aspect ratio

Ah ok. Well I'm fine with it, and if not then I can always just put it back to native resolution if worst comes to worst.

I have a 4K display which support "overclock", it's useless.

"support" means that LCD driver board can receive 1080P 144Hz signal. display menu can show it work on 144Hz.

BUT the 4K LCD panel only support 60Hz. the frequency still run on 60Hz actually.

I test it by my SONY phone's 960fps super slow motion.

That's not quite how monitors work, I wish they did but. Lowering the resolution of the monitor won't allow you to overclock the hz further, even though its running at 1080p for example if you downscale it. It would still be pumping out 8.3M pixles(4k) So if it cant run 4k@100hz it wont help lowing the resolution. Hope this helps