Problems after switching to new ISP

I recently got a new fiber internet connection but the problem is the only way i can access the internet is by using the Dial-Up option and manually connecting to the internet. Moreover, when I use Dial up my internet becomes about 5 times slower. I have been occasionally been able to automatically connect to the internet few times randomly when i turn on my PC . I have tried contacting my ISP but they can't seem to find a solution. In the image provided you can see 2 connections : 1 is the ethernet which shows as unidentified and the other is a WAN PPOE which shows up due to connecting through Dial up. I have tried using other DNS, CMD commands and updating drivers but nothing seems to work.

Note : I am presently using the company's modem directly without a router.

Capture.PNG

Is setting up PPPoE a normal requirement for this ISP? Meaning that they don’t use DHCP on the port coming out of the modem/ONT?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Have you tried renewing your DHCP lease i.e. "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew"?

This usually solves any issues between your computer and your router.

It might be worth finding out what the model of the router you have been given by the ISP is.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, PRATZiLLA said:

I recently got a new fiber internet connection but the problem is the only way i can access the internet is by using the Dial-Up option and manually connecting to the internet. Moreover, when I use Dial up my internet becomes about 5 times slower. I have been occasionally been able to automatically connect to the internet few times randomly when i turn on my PC . I have tried contacting my ISP but they can't seem to find a solution. In the image provided you can see 2 connections : 1 is the ethernet which shows as unidentified and the other is a WAN PPOE which shows up due to connecting through Dial up. I have tried using other DNS, CMD commands and updating drivers but nothing seems to work.

Note : I am presently using the company's modem directly without a router.

Capture.PNG

AFAIK that's normal.  PPPoE IS treated as dialup and Windows won't generally connect to dialup automatically..

Any particular reason why you aren't using a router?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7