Do you need the original phone charger to charge faster

glimmingdjghost

When ever I use a different charger on my phone it gives me a notification to use the original charger to charge faster. I'm afraid that not using the original charger may brick faster charging cables and chargers of exact speed

No.

As long as the charger is of good quality and isn't some super trashy charger that will essentially kill your device, it will do fine.... Especially if the output (amp, volt) are the same.
Overall, stay away from cheap Chinese chargers.

A charger is basically like a PC's powersupply, a cheap one will fry your system sooner or later. Don't skimp out.

If it keep saying your device is charging slowly even though the charger is supposed to be the same amperage/voltage as the original (0.5A to 2A, 5V usually.), it means it's low quality.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 7:42 PM, glimmingdjghost said:

When ever I use a different charger on my phone it gives me a notification to use the original charger to charge faster. I'm afraid that not using the original charger may brick faster charging cables and chargers of exact speed

On 4/22/2019 at 7:50 PM, TetraSky said:

No.

As long as the charger is of good quality and isn't some super trashy charger that will essentially kill your device, it will do fine.... Especially if the output (amp, volt) are the same.
Overall, stay away from cheap Chinese chargers.

A charger is basically like a PC's powersupply, a cheap one will fry your system sooner or later. Don't skimp out.

If it keep saying your device is charging slowly even though the charger is supposed to be the same amperage/voltage as the original (0.5A to 2A, 5V usually.), it means it's low quality.

Phone manufacturers always recommend using the issued charger to prevent any malfunction or undesired issues. But if the charger you are using is good made, certified and all then I am most confident that it should work fine. Make sure it is the right AMPS and VOLTS as using a lower than recommended amps and volts would hurt your battery and obviously cause slower charging.