question about internet uphrading

Premoz1

I am sharing my internet from my phone to my pc because our wifi is hella shit. My ping with my phone is usually 50, and download speed in steam 2mb/s. I found good deal from local internet provider. Its 200mb/s, unlimited calls and data etc..  but now if I get that internet for my phone and share it, will my steam download speed be 20mb/s??? Or is there any waste in mbs? Sorry stupid question ik

8 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

I am sharing my internet from my phone to my pc because our wifi is hella shit. My ping with my phone is usually 50, and download speed in steam 2mb/s. I found good deal from local internet provider. Its 200mb/s, unlimited calls and data etc..  but now if I get that internet for my phone and share it, will my steam download speed be 20mb/s??? Or is there any waste in mbs? Sorry stupid question ik

200mb/s? I don't get it, you're talking about ISP's but you mention internet for your phone, as far as i'm aware phone internet doesn't have a specified speed because it heavily varies on where you are

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

200mb/s? I don't get it, you're talking about ISP's but you mention internet for your phone, as far as i'm aware phone internet doesn't have a specified speed because it heavily varies on where you are

Bro I talk about phone mobile data

12 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Bro I talk about phone mobile data

Yeah but as I said, it really varies on where you are, you're gonna download at the speed you're getting, if you get 200Mb (bits) then you'll download at roughly ~200Mb/s from steam, but you have no way of knowing if you'll actually receive that speed on your phone, and mobile data is bad for online gaming if that's your purpose

11 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Yeah but as I said, it really varies on where you are, you're gonna download at the speed you're getting, if you get 200Mb (bits) then you'll download at roughly ~200Mb/s from steam, but you have no way of knowing if you'll actually receive that speed on your phone, and mobile data is bad for online gaming if that's your purpose

Told ya that our wifi is bad like 10mb/s so 1mb steam download speed, and I need to share my internet from my phone so its the only way I can use internet on my pc. I will be moving in about 1 year then I can get my own internet to my apartment. And if I have a mobile data of 20mb and I have 50 ping, and if I upgrade to 200mb, its 10x better which means I will have 5 ping right? I dont think that it will matter where I live, because its the same provider giving me 20mb internet speed with 2mb steam download speed. I will just upgrade

5 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Told ya that our wifi is bad like 10mb/s so 1mb steam download speed, and I need to share my internet from my phone so its the only way I can use internet on my pc. I will be moving in about 1 year then I can get my own internet to my apartment. And if I have a mobile data of 20mb and I have 50 ping, and if I upgrade to 200mb, its 10x better which means I will have 5 ping right? I dont think that it will matter where I live, because its the same provider giving me 20mb internet speed with 2mb steam download speed. I will just upgrade

nope, ping won't decrease, it doesn't depend on speed

Just now, _Syn_ said:

nope, ping won't decrease, it doesn't depend on speed

It does what drugs are you on

if I have 20mb internet vs 200mb internet of course the 200mb one has less ping

2 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Ping might decrease depending on how strong the connection is, but it doesn't decrease because of speed, and it definitely won't decrease ten fold

Ping is latency, it has nothing to do with speed

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Ping might decrease depending on how strong the connection is, but it doesn't decrease because of speed, and it definitely won't decrease ten fold

Ping is latency, it has nothing to do with speed

Are you sure? But is my ping gonna get better though if I get 10x faster internet?

1 minute ago, Premoz1 said:

Are you sure? But is my ping gonna get better though if I get 10x faster internet?

yes I'm sure, and your ping might decrease, but again that depends on how strong the connection is, and the distance between you and the 4G towers and all that, it's really complicated to predict what the latency will be like unless you test it.

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

yes I'm sure, and your ping might decrease, but again that depends on how strong the connection is, and the distance between you and the 4G towers and all that, it's really complicated to predict what the latency will be like unless you test it.

ok thanks bro

35 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Speed does not decrease ping, period. You, as @_Syn_ said might see a minor difference in ping if you have a provider with towers closer to you but that's it and there are a lot of other factors that can impact latency.  If you were going from a cell service to wired connection such as fiber THAT would decrease ping in most cases because of the differences in technology and other factors but increasing your speed does NOT equal a decrease in ping.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: