Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Achyuth

System reboot

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a ups with 600va/360watt rating.

I recently bought an rx 570 ,and while i'm gaming if there is any power outage my pc turn off and restarts itself.

My system power consumption is around 200-250 watts at full load.

Is this due to limitation of the Ups?

Pc spec:

i5 8400

B360 mobo

Rx570

2tb & 500 gb hdd

Corsair Vs450

Which VS power supply do you have, the Grey, or Orange unit? Chances are your power supply may not be able to handle the switch over cause it to reboot as a result of voltage changes. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Which VS power supply do you have, the Grey, or Orange unit? Chances are your power supply may not be able to handle the switch over cause it to reboot as a result of voltage changes. 

Orange.

So should i get it replaced?

1 hour ago, JTPOTATO said:

Doesn’t sound like a UPS issue... what happens when you just plug it into the wall?

I have an inverter also ,but i read that the switching time of inverters are higher.

To answer your question the problem exists while directly connecting

5 minutes ago, Achyuth said:

Orange.

Yes replace it. The VS Orange power supplies are on a do not buy list. Please take a look at the PSU Tier list linked in my signature for an appropriate unit to replace it with. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Yes replace it. The VS Orange power supplies are on a do not buy list. Please take a look at the PSU Tier list linked in my signature for an appropriate unit to replace it with. 

Ok  thankyou

5 hours ago, Achyuth said:

Orange.

It's not your UPS, inverter, etc.

The transient loads of the graphics card is causing the DC >>output<< to drop down out of spec and this is causing the PC to completely shut down and restart.