HELL WITH WIN10 NOW.

Go to solution Solved by Arika,
5 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

So is it bcuz of spectre and meltdown?

no

Change to LINUX OS?

Sometimes I play games and they are heavy on both GPU and CPU but I do that sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

Oh yes from Where can I download nvidia drivers for linux

NVidia doesn't play nice with LINUX because they hate open source, if you even get it to work the performance will be terrible, if switching to LINUX expect to go out and buy an AMD GPU. also check what games will run on LINUX either native, wine or steamplay

7 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

I download torrents of movies 

I download torrents of softwares

Piracy.....don't do that shit.

Sounds more like your HDD is dying.

I don't know where to post this plz kindly tell me where to post problems regarding hardware and software, thank you.

Now back to problem - if I do a single click, in task manager I see disk usage just goes to in between 97% to 100%.

For every god damn opening an application or whatever I do for some unknown reason it's disk usage just goes very high.

I have tried everything, I even disable nvidia programs from registry that  trick worked for 40 minutes and boom my PC was not working for 2 days.

Now I resetted with keeping my personal files safe and removing all the programs which were installed by me.

Now I am again installing windows 10 and it's been an hour and it is still installing at 1% and copying files at 4%.

So I wanna ask -

I watch movies in full HD

I want to use internet download manager 

Sometimes I play games and they are heavy on both GPU and CPU but I do that sometimes.

I want to use utorrent or torrent downloading software.

I watch YouTube for 12 hours and want to download videos from there.

I want to read PDFs.

Oh goodness after 15 minutes its copying files has been gone to 5% from 4% now.

So now what should I do ?

Change to LINUX OS?

Can I do everything I listed above in Linux OS if yes then which is the best LINUX OS which has constant Dev. Support and and which LINUX OS u think is the best? Plz tell me,suggest me.

Oh now it went to 2% and 7% on copying after 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Or is it possible to dual boot that is can I install windows 10 and LINUX OS on same HDD (different drives I know that)?

Which u think is best for me plz help me.

Oh yes from Where can I download nvidia drivers for linux.

And just now windows installation seems to have failed. And its trying for advanced windows options which might take a lot of time and I don't know why. And now it says restoring ur previous version of windows  now I am definitely going for LINUX

It is not a windows 10 problem if it's been an hour and it has installed 1%.

You definitely have some hardware problem with your computer.

Maybe check the health of your drives...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no

Change to LINUX OS?

6 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

Oh yes from Where can I download nvidia drivers for linux

NVidia doesn't play nice with LINUX because they hate open source, if you even get it to work the performance will be terrible, if switching to LINUX expect to go out and buy an AMD GPU. also check what games will run on LINUX either native, wine or steamplay

7 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Sounds like your disk is dying.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

no

I should have said anime than movies on torrent. 

So my HDD us dying what should I do?

Just now, Kpp550 said:

Get a new one (And a SSD, if you have the money).

Mirror the old HDD onto the new one.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

30 minutes ago, Kpp550 said:

that's not better, still piracy

get a new one

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

43 minutes ago, Arika S said:

no

Performance is hardly terrible, it's just kinda buggy if you have several screens mostly.

Anyway this does sound like harddrive about to go, I'd check SMART values

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Kpp550 said:

Now back to problem - if I do a single click, in task manager I see disk usage just goes to in between 97% to 100%.

For every god damn opening an application or whatever I do for some unknown reason it's disk usage just goes very high.

Does it stay high, or does it come back down? Are you on a HDD or SSD?

Contrary to popular belief you WANT disk usage to spike when opening something, because that will mean it is opening as fast as it can.

If your windows install is failing, you're 100% losing the disk. Get a new one.

Torrenting will cause higher disk usage when seeding or downloading because it is constantly writing and reading data.

uTorrent has ads, ads are easily comprimised and usually the main source of website contamination. You should find a client to use that doesn't have ads. Torrenting it self doesn't mean piracy, so just don't mention what you use it for. I understand in some countries it's not easy to get media you might want to view but that doesn't mean it isn't still piracy.

There is no best linux distro, you'll have to go through trying out a bunch of different distros and make that descision yourself. I myself prefer Solus.

1 hour ago, Kpp550 said:

Games heavy on your cpu and GPU are not bad for them, I don't really understand why you've mentioned it this way. High utilization of any component is not inherently bad. getting 90-100% cpu and gpu usage as long as it isn't causing the system to hang will mean that a game is using all of the resources it can and is running the best it can on your hardware.

1 hour ago, Kpp550 said:

I watch movies in full HD

I want to use internet download manager 

I want to use utorrent or torrent downloading software.

I watch YouTube for 12 hours and want to download videos from there.

I want to read PDFs.

I'm not really sure why you're using download managers anymore in 2019, back before modern browsers they were needed because they handled downloads better than browsers did. however all modern browsers now handle downloads really well even being able to pause and resume under most circumstances. Is there any particular reason you're downloading youtube videos? generally they aren't going anywhere you can just put them into a playlist.

TLDR; probably HDD failure, just get a new one and you'll be fine. Unless you're trying to use a pirated version of windows, then maybe just switch to linux anyway.

Now the HDD was restoring previous versions of my windows which it terribly failed doing it, after that i was pissed i just took out the HDD and unplugged mother board (which i had done dozens of times before this) and plugged it back to mother board and kept it out of the PC's Case Vertically.

And i really don't know why after starting the pc again dialogue came "Restoring previous version of windows" i thought this time it's dead and just in 1 minutes (actually less than 1 minute i counted it) it did what it was doing and my windows was up working again,
weirdly enough it is now way faster than before and performing just like before perfectly when i bought it.

I don't know what happened -
And there are no spikes in disk usage suddenly, now there was only spikes only when i do windows search in windows explorer (which i think is right) and it's not spiking now not a single time to 97% to 100%, like it did before did for just clicking or simple stuff which lasted for long periods.

Apparently the only thing have torrented is DBS-Broly bcuz it wasn't available in our country
and where only 2 games this year.
And nothing more.

15 hours ago, quakeguy81 said:

Where's the fun in torrenting software if he is using free software?

lol, i used free version of utorrent to download paid version but that was in the past it was totally same so doesn't make any difference to me now.

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, Arika S said:

no

stopped them completely now on LINUX MINT

1 hour ago, Kpp550 said:

stopped them completely now on LINUX MINT

That's nice. Not worth reviving a year and a half old thread 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

That's nice. Not worth reviving a year and a half old thread 

Eh, at least it's being revived by the thread creator and not some random that created their account 17 minutes ago.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Labeled said:

downloading youtube videos? generally they aren't going anywhere

happens quite a lot... actually... 

edit: didn't realize how old this thread is, never mind... lol 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio