internet works but can play online games

FearlessFreak

I can surf the internet like google, twitch, twitter, youtube and so on. but when I go on to steam and click onto the store page, I get an error called Error Code: -138. restarted my pc and router and the problem still happened. I can't play any game online and anything I open beside twitch and google it launches into offline mode and I don't know why and anyone helps?

16 minutes ago, FearlessFreak said:

I can surf the internet like google, twitch, twitter, youtube and so on. but when I go on to steam and click onto the store page, I get an error called Error Code: -138. restarted my pc and router and the problem still happened. I can't play any game online and anything I open beside twitch and google it launches into offline mode and I don't know why and anyone helps?

I have a couple of theories but that is it, theory A) if you are having issues using applications, then you may have a corrupted installation of either Edge, or Internet Explorer, as programs like the Steam launcher use those browsers to access the internet due to their deep integration into the modern Windows OS, theory b) if you are having issues browsing certain sites through your browser their may be an issue with your ISP's DNS in which case try connecting to Cloudflare's DNS Server (1.1.1.1)  and you may have more success. Theory C Windows just messed up your antivirus solution with it's most recent update.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Restart router if you haven't already. Also, if this has been a thing more than day or two, you could contact your ISP and ask about if they have changed something in their end.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv