Will this system bottleneck because of monitor I select?

Prasad001

In my previous topic, guys named Plutosaurus pointed out that system I'm building will bottleneck because of monitor I select.

It is Asus vp228h 1ms,60hz,1080p

Is it really bottleneck if I want 1080p resolution with good frame rate?

It's more about if you value having a high-refresh rate monitor.  You don't have to get a 120Hz+ display for that system to enjoy it, but there will be times (especially if not playing the newest and most demanding new games) when your GPU can push 120+ FPS and your monitor won't be able to display any more than 60.

If your budget has room for a 120Hz display (or even a 75-90Hz IPS or something) it would be a nice upgrade idea, if not, don't let the idea ruin your build it'll play 1080P games without issues.

This will only NOT be bottlenecked if you are playing Triple A's at max settings. If you prefer ESport games (Rocket League, Dota, Overwatch, CSGO, LOL), Then a 144Hz Refresh would be a very worthy investment, and if you play more AAA games a 1440p makes more sense, at 60hz or more. The GTX 1660ti is a very capable card, tho the ryzen 2600 is good, this could be better.

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

You would have a computer that is more powerful than what the monitor can do. Like a Ferrari on city streets. It still beats any other car on city streets, though.

What he means is that the computer will be more powerful than what that monitor needs, but the monitor will run as fast as it can run all the time.

There are definitely better monitors out there, but they cost more. You can choose to buy a better monitor, or buy that one and enjoy the most that it can do, all the time.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

IF you plan on tracing all those rays you will not be bottlenecked, otherwise unless you are running productivity workloads like Blender, you will have the performance, you just will not be able to see it, though you may be able to push the display a bit farther if you OC it to 75 hz in Nvidia display settings, (do note this could kill your monitor sooner).

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

9 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

IF you plan on tracing all those rays you will not be bottlenecked

Since he has a GTX and not an RTX it's probably not wise to enable ray tracing for that GPU as it'll likely be way too demanding.  NVIDIA seems to have released the weak ray tracing for non-RTX GPUs just so they could justify their new expensive cards and prove how demanding it is.

2 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Since he has a GTX and not an RTX it's probably not wise to enable ray tracing for that GPU as it'll likely be way too demanding.  NVIDIA seems to have released the weak ray tracing for non-RTX GPUs just so they could justify their new expensive cards and prove how demanding it is.

Exactly

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

If you're just looking at a 1080p 60hz, I suggest looking around on the local used market. 

Office computers come with them stock frequently, and they can usually be found for very cheap.

Do so, and save that money toward a future upgrade if that's the path you'd like to go!