How good Is this AOC 4K IPS or LG 4K monitor for $330-$430cad?

RichardsD

https://www.amazon.ca/AOC-U2790VQ-3840x2160-Frameless-DisplayPort/dp/B07LBM2DCC/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=AOC+4K+IPS&qid=1555900201&s=electronics&sr=1-1-fkmrnull

So, I bought a Thinkpad mobile workstation for 3d modelling and a little bit of gaming, but definitely want to run it with a 4k monitor as it's only a 15.6" machine. I need IPS, which really has limited my options to the mega expensive $1200CAD Asus 4K IPS high refresh monitors, and the BenQ $700 IPS 4K 60hz monitor. However, I found this $330 CAD AOC 4K IPS monitor. Are these crap, or worth checking out? For half the price of the BenQ, it seems like a good option. I don't care about high refresh, as I don't do that much gaming, and definitely not competitive games. And I'm not willing to shell $1200 CAD for a single monitor, as I plan to buy 2 to eventually run on my desktop. There's also this LG Monitor, which is $430, which seems like a good option as well. 

Thoughts? 

Hey everyone, don't want to bump but I am looking at picking one of these monitors up within the next 2 weeks, but there's not many reviews, especially the AOC one. Anyone know if AOC uses rejected panels, or do they only use the "A" panels like other big brands?

Someone made a review of the monitor just recently: https://www.dtfav.com/?p=2230 

This is a brand new product, released only just a few weeks ago.

The AOC U2790VQ and AOC U2790PQU are the same display but the latter has an upgraded stand and multi-media functions.

I am planning to buy the U2790VQ myself.

EDIT: The picture quality in the AOC is just as good or better than the Dell U2718Q which is more than twice the price, but no HDR support.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

Another review that mentioned the panel used in the U2790VQ: https://www.xxrsm.com/h-nd-198.html

It's in Chinese so turn Google Translate on. It uses LM270PF1L panel by Panda tech, Chinese company.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

5 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

Someone made a review of the monitor just recently: https://www.dtfav.com/?p=2230 

This is a brand new product, released only just a few weeks ago.

The AOC U2790VQ and AOC U2790PQU are the same display but the latter has an upgraded stand and multi-media functions.

I am planning to buy the U2790VQ myself.

EDIT: The picture quality in the AOC is just as good or better than the Dell U2718Q which is more than twice the price, but no HDR support.

I can testify a bit.  I have a AOC as you can see in my signature.  Going from the first 4k monitor Samsung built 28" to AOC if anything the AOC has better picture, but honestly I would say their the same but the Samsung was not LED.  I haven't used LG monitors or IPS monitor so I can't say nothing about that, but I do know IPS doesn't have the Fed up terrible display angles, where a tone of a color up top and down below screen are different lol.  Soon IPS for me but I need 120hz and 40" and curved HDR freesync,, Wishful thinking.  :(

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card